Sephiroth x Reader- How?

The rain came down non-stop from the sky, all the way to the surface. The sound of the droplets endlessly hitting the glass of your windowpane was almost like a lullaby. You looked out to the blurred and slightly warped city. Everything was black except the white and green lights that made out the buildings.

The door opened in the distance. Your heart jumped a little. Slowly turning around, your eyes stumble upon the light green, cat-like eyes of your lover, who had a smug, yet gentle smirk on his face.

"You're late," you said.

"Am I?" he asked, setting down his weaponry and whiping some of the raindrops that was stuck on his pale face and hair.

"Yep. By five minutes."

Sephiroth laughed and walked over to you.

"Well, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for that long," he replied sarcastically. He wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him. His muscular and titanic frame automatically made yours look like that of a child.

"It's okay," you clarified as you smiled and slid your hands over his taut chest and gently rubbed his overly broad shoulders.

"Is it?" Sephiroth asks, putting his large gloved hand up to cup your cheek. You hummed a yes in response as you closed your eyes and melted into his touch. Even though you couldn't feel his flesh, the sensation of the leather was enough to make your skin tingle.

Before you knew it, you felt your head being lifted up and soon soft, semi-cold and wet lips captured your own.
You kissed back instantly. Each sync was knitting your lips more deeper into each other. Sephiroth rubbed your back with one hand and the other was pushing the back of your head towards his lips, adding even more deepness into your intimacy. Soon you broke back.

You studied the man's face. You had never seen or met a person like Sephiroth in your life. To you, he was an alien, a beautiful and unusual one. His hair and eye colour was not that of the average person. Nor was his skill and personality. He was different in every way. A one of a kind. You had always deemed yourself lucky, very lucky for having such a unique (and handsome) man come into your life and even fall in love with you. You. An average person that never stood out from any crowd.

"Since the weather doesn't want us going out, why don't we just spend the evening here," he suggested.

"Sure." He nuzzled your nose with his lovingly.

"I love you," he stated. The tingling feeling was now all over your body, invading every muscle. Your heart and mind felt fuzzy hearing his deep voice say those words, proudly.

"Do you?" you challenged him.

"Yes, I do."

"Then I do, too."

***

How?

How did all of this happen? And happen so fast?

How did no one see this coming? How did you not see this coming?

There was fire. Everywhere. All that was felt was heat and all that was heard was the blaze's crackling and the screams of innocent people.

And there you stood. With burns, cuts, bruises and torn clothing sprinkled with your own blood.

And there he stood.

Tilting his head up ever so slowly and soon his once gentle, love-filled eyes, now clouded with ruthlessness, anger, and insanity, bore into yours.

His smirk that was once playful and well-meaning, the smirk that he gave you when he joked or fooled you, the one he gave when he loomed over you and seduced you, the one you saw when you first laid eyes on him. It was now menacing, twisted, cruel, and evil.

Nothing remained of his former self... Not one thing. He then turned... and took slow steps and disappeared within the inferno.

Tears of pure heartbreak shed from your tortured eyes. As everything you saw around you slowly being destroyed from the dirt on the ground, to the once lively town, to the man you loved, only one thing was able to come to your mind.

How?

END