Ignis Scientia x Reader- Noticed

Dedicated to Lynn1986ger

Your eyes followed the slender yet manly figure walk across the hallway and into another. Once he was gone, you came out of hiding.

You don't know how it happened. It was going on for a while now. You don't even remember how long it had been.

The thing is, you were falling hard for a man. But not just any man, the prince's personal adviser. Ignis was his name.

It was quite a funny story actually. You didn't even give him a second thought or look when you first laid eyes on him. However, the more you saw him, the more you were growing attracted to him. And you know where that goes. Within a year of casually seeing him walk by and hearing his voice, it was obvious. No matter how much your mind denied it, your heart won by the over-flowing truth it was telling you; you were madly in love.

But alas, he never laid eyes on you himself. There was no doubt that he wasn't even aware of your existence. He never spoke to you directly and never noticed you were there.

It hurt. A lot. You had 0 confidence around him. Thus was the reason you didn't/couldn't muster up the courage to approach him and speak to him directly. You had another reason why you didn't talk to him; you had nothing to talk about. What would you say? What could you say? Nothing. You just hoped that this cycle wouldn't continue... before it was too late. Before he found...

You shook your head to erase the troubling thought from your head. You let out a breath, put a strand of hair behind your ear, and proceeded walking the other way to continue your task of bringing reports to king Regis.

***

The doorbell rang. You laid your book on the armrest of the sofa and walked towards the door. Upon opening it, you were vaguely surprised to see a palace messenger on your doorstep.

"Good evening madam," he said in a strong, gentlemanly, and formal tone.

"Hello," you replied kindly with a smile on your face, "May I help you?"

"You are (y/n) (l/n), one of the King's private secretaries?"

"Yes."

"This arrived straight from the King himself," the man replied, holding a scroll with a red ribbon laced with gold lining up to you.

"May I ask what this is?"

"It is an invitation to a royal ball the King will be hosting tomorrow evening. All employees and servants of the palace are to attend."

"Oh! Well, thank you!" you said, taking the invitation.

"My pleasure madam," he replied, taking of his large hat off, putting it to his chest, and bowing respectfully. "I hope you enjoy yourself."

***

After a whole two hours of tampering with your overall appearance, you were finally perfected. An elegant, slightly poofy, halterneck ball gown rested on your form. It was of a creamy purple colour with high heels and earrings to match. Your (h/c) hair was put up in a simple bun, and the only thing applied to your face was (f/c) lipstick and the tinniest bit of mascara and eyeliner.

Looking over yourself in a satisfied, yet not prideful, manner, you took a deep breath and head off to the palace.

***

Once you got to the ball room, it was semi-crowded with men and women in fine attire, nobles and servants alike. You smiled at the sight. It was really a joy to see everyone getting along as they should be.