Cid Highwind x Reader- All Wrong

The moment you walked in, Cid almost choked on his cigar. He held in his coughs as hard as he could, he wouldn't want to embarrass himself by being a coughing mess in front of you... again.

"Woah, Cid, are you okay?" Zack asked as he noticed the man beside him was turning red by nearly suffocating himself. All the pilot did was nod. Once he saw you go into the ladies' room, he let his breath out and began coughing up the smoke that got stuck in his throat. Zack lightly smacked his back in support. "You could've just let it out, man."

"I think he just didn't want (y/n) to see him in such a humiliating state," Genesis teased as he took a sip of his drink. Zack let out an "Oh..." of realization.

"Come on, why don't you just ask her out already?" Angeal asked as he crossed his massive arms over his taut chest. Surprisingly, Cid was good friends with the SOLDIER 1st Class group. They were currently in 7th Heaven, in their normal spot. The only one missing was Sephiroth, who was supposedly on a date. Also, all of them were well aware of Cid's crush on a Spanish speaking woman named (y/n). Despite their considerable age difference, the blonde sky pilot couldn't help but fall in love with the girl.

"Are ya crazy?" Cid scolded as he regained his breath.

"Why not? For all we know, she could be into you, too," Zack said. Cid scoffed at the suggestion and crossed his arms, looking away from the teasing stares he was being given.

"Yeah, right."

"Seriously. Plus, you're the only one she nicknames. Why don't you ask her what some of them mean?"

"What if they're insults?" Cid's confidence was really low when it came to you. All 3 SOLDIERS rolled their Mako-blue eyes.

"Hey, amigos."

The blonde man instantly stiffened as he heard your voice. He hadn't seen you leave the washroom. All the men turned to look at you, except Cid.

"Hey, (y/n)," Zack greeted with a smile.

"What's going on?" you asked, noticing that Cid was acting weirdly and that all his friends were snickering at him.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that Cid has been feeling a little sick lately," Angeal replied with a chuckle.

"Love sick," Genesis interjected. You instantly felt disheartened. You really liked Cid. However, you were sure he viewed you like a little sister, just like Yuffie, considering your age difference.

"Oh?" you uttered, trying not to sound disappointed as you glanced at the sky pilot who was clearly mortified by what his comrades had revealed. "Who is it? Is it Shera?"

The SOLDIERS' giggling got louder at your guess. You were so confused.

"Why are you laughing, esé? What's so funny?" you asked, annoyed that Cid's friends were picking on him. You looked up at Cid again. He had a noticeable blush on his face and looked really uncomfortable.

"Incorrect," Genesis stated.

"Let's just say it's someone you know very personally," Angeal hinted, nudging Cid with his elbow, the man simply jerked away. You thought for a moment.

"...Tifa?"

Again, the SOLDIERS burst into laughter. You were starting to get annoyed.

"What's so funny?" you asked.

"Aw, c'mon, Cid. Why don't you just tell her," Zack said, still laughing.

"I'm leavin'," Cid stated quietly as he quickly exited the bar, being careful not to make any eye-contact with you.

"Cid, wait!" you called, but it was too late as he had gone out faster than you realized. You felt so sorry for him. Why would he be so ashamed of being in love? And why was he being teased because of it? The men's laughing brought you out of your thoughts.

"What's wrong with you guys? Why are you treating a hermano like that?" you scolded. The 3 men then glanced at each other, silently debating on whether or not to say something.

"Because you got the situation all wrong," Angeal stated. Now, you were really confused.

"Qué?"

The men then did another round of glances at each other before nodding and looking up at you, honesty flowing in their eyes.

"He likes you," they all said in unison. Your (e/c) widened in shock and realization. The world had come to a screeching halt. You felt the sudden need to go after Cid and clear this up with him.

"Cid!" you exclaimed as you turned on your heel and ran out of the exit which your target had left.

"See? I knew she like him back," Zack smugly stated.

END

Final Fantasy One-Shot StoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara