Prompto Argentum x Reader- Perfect

"We're here!" Prompto's cheerful voice sang out. You looked from your book to the car's window. You had finally arrived at Lestallum. Prompto had said that he had a surprise for you here. Although... you had no idea what the occasion was. It wasn't your birthday or any special day in particular... you couldn't help but wonder what it could possibly be.

"So, do you mind telling me why you're bringing me here?" you asked as you looked over at him. Prompto glanced at you with a smirk on his face.

"You'll see soon enough," he replied. You raised an eyebrow with even more suspicion, but decided to let it slide for now.

-

"What!? Prompto, no," you stated as you waved your hands out in front of you, refusing to go into the most expensive diner in the city.

"C'mon, (y/n). I insist," Prompto stated as he gently grabbed your wrists and attempted to pull you into the restaurant.

"Have you seen the prices you have to pay to get into this place? I can't let you take me here!" you protested.

"Oh, yes I can," Prompto stated as he continued to drag you into the plaza.

-

"Man, am I stuffed!" you uttered as flopped into the passenger seat of the Regalia and patted your full stomach. Then suddenly, you heard a sound: Click!

Your eyes shot open and you found Prompto with his arm around you and his smartphone up high, aiming at the two of you.

"Prompto!" you screamed in annoyance as you batted his hand off your shoulder and gave him an angry glare. "That was so uncalled for!"

The blonde simply gave a hearty laugh as he started the car.

"Aw, c'mon, (y/n). It was just a joke. Besides, I saw a good spot in the town square that's great for taking pictures," he said.

"Right. I know just how much you like taking pictures," you replied. Prompto smiled.

"And I know just how much you like being in them."

***

After a few hours, both of you had taken enough pictures to fill an entire photo album. Your most favourite one was you and Prompto sitting on top of a small hill, cheek against cheek, and smiling while the sunset was painted beautifully in the background.

"I want to take you to one last place," Prompto said as you flipped through the pictures on his phone. You looked up at him.

"Oh? And where would that be?" you asked, suspicion still filled your mind. The blonde gave what seemed to be a shy smile and whispered in a quiet tone:

"You'll see..."

-

You gazed out the window and found yourself being driven to a location almost completely surrounded by forest. And before you knew it, you saw a sign at the edge of a cliff which read "Lover's Lane" *Cliché, I knowXD*

Now you were totally confused... and nervous. Why was he bringing you here? The car stopped on the peak of the cliff. There was a lovely view of the city a few miles away, the gorgeous sunset still on the horizon.

"Wow..." you breathed as you took in the wondrous sight. "Prompto, this is amazing!"

You didn't hear anything from the boy beside you. When you turned to him, you were met with a concerned, shy, and almost scared expression from your friend. Your brows knitted together in worry and confusion.

"Prompto?"

He only continued to stare you down with that foreign expression. After a couple long moments, he finally tore his eyes away from yours and gazed at the city in front of him.

"I... ..." Prompto uttered weakly. You raised a brow.

"You...?"

"I... hope you had a good time today," he said in a cheerful and awkward voice, clearly trying to avoid what was obviously troubling him. You frowned again.

"Prompto. What is it?" you asked sternly, trying to get him to talk. His jaw visibly tightened and he swallowed sharply. "Why... Why did you do all of this for me?"

At that question, the young man's lean body stiffened all over. At last, his head flung to your direction, his crystal-blue eyes wide with fear.

"BecauseIlikeyou," he said in a speedy voice then snapped his head to the front again. Your eyes widened and your heart started to pump harshly against your chest. Even though his confession was fast, you still understood it. You were completely speechless. Then, it hit you.

Duh! He did all of this because he likes me. Why else would he do all this? How did I not figure it out?

You smiled as heat started to radiate off your face.

"I like you, too," you confessed. In an instant, Prompto's visage went from embarrassed and hurt to flat-out shock. He slowly turned to face you again.

"Y-You do?" he asked, not believing what he heard. There was a bright pink blush on his freckled cheeks mixed in with the orange from the sunset. It made him all the more handsome in your eyes. You felt your own blush escalate as you bashfully nodded to confirm. Prompto blinked a few times before sprouting a small smile.

"Heh... I-uh... never thought that you would-uh... y'know..." he uttered with an awkward laugh in his words as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Me neither," you said in the same tone. For a while, everything got quiet. All that was heard were the birds chirping and the wind lightly howling. You fixated your sight upon Prompto. His sunny blonde hair and fair skin shining from the setting sun, his bright blue eyes sparkling like diamonds, and his dreamy expression was enough to make your thumping heart stop. Subconsciously, both of you started to lean toward one another until your foreheads were in contact.

Then, with one last ounce of courage, you closed the gap between you both and let your lips melt together. An electric current sprung it's way throughout your body and violent chills went up your spine, causing goosebumps to rise on your skin. His lips were soft and moist, you knew you were already addicted to the intoxicating taste of them. Prompto's hand snaked it way to the back of your head and pulled you in closer as he opened his mouth more, resulting in the kiss deepening. Both of you hummed in pleasure, making your lips vibrate. After a long while, you drew back and continued to staring lovingly into his eyes.

Everything that happened that night was perfect.

END