Noel Kreiss x OC(Prequel)- Happy Birthday

*If you have not read the first part of the story, I highly suggest you to. Also, this is a shorter chapter*

"SURPRISE!"

Serena yelped and jumped back as a whole bunch of her friends popped out from all over her house as she opened the front door. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

That's when she remembered, today was her birthday. She's been so caught up in her daily life that she hadn't noticed. 

"Oh, my gosh, guys... Thanks so much!" Serena exclaimed, putting her hand over her chest to settle her rapidly beating heart.

Meanwhile...

Noel looked at the letter he had written.

Dear Serena,

Happy Birthday! You're growing up so fast, it makes me feel old! However, for your birthday, I want to give you a present that only I can give you,

 And that's my heart.

I'll understand if you don't feel the same way. But I need to get the truth out. I've loved you for years now, but I'm just too scared that it might destroy all the friendship we've stored since we were kids. I hope it won't. Please don't let it...

The young man looked over his confession, one word at a time. But... he didn't know if he was ready; if it was the right time to tell her. 

Sighing, he crumpled the paper, threw it in the garbage can, and walked over to the nearest flower shop. 

***

By the end of the day, the kitchen table was packed with gifts and the floor packed with garbage. Everyone was full and tired, especially Serena. Everything was very nice for the most part, except for one thing...

Noel wasn't there. 

The one person she hoped was going to share the special day with her, didn't. Serena's heart felt heavy. He'd been to every other one... So why not this one?

"Well, it's getting late. We should go. I bet the birthday girl is exhausted," Snow said.

"Yeah, I'm done for the day, too," Yuj agreed.

As everyone said their last wishes to Serena, they exited.

"I hope you had a great day, Serena!" Serah said as she waved goodbye.

"I sure did..." Serena partially lied. 

Just as she was going to close the door, someone busted in on the last second. 

It was Noel. Serena's spirit lightened up immediately.

"Hey, look, I'm really, really sorry for not making it," Noel apologized frantically.

"No, no, that's okay," Serena reassured his, giving him a swift hug. Noel's cheeks flared up. When she didn't feel him hug back, she looked down and saw that he was holding a large bouquet of roses. Serena's cheeks matched their colour.

"Oh, Noel..." she cooed, taking the flowers gingerly in her hands.

"You like 'em?" Noel asked.

"I love them! Thank you so much," she exclaimed.

"Heh. Happy Birthday," he said, giving her another hug. 

END