Zidane Tribal x Reader- Sneaky

You were so tired. Exhausted was just an understatement. Your bones and muscles ached beyond comprehension as you dragged your throbbing feet across the floor towards your beloved bedroom. Long story short, you had just finished practising your ball dancing. There was going to be a banquet in honour of your sister, Princess Garnet's, 16th birthday. You just hoped that the party would be successful and worth all the stress your body was put through.

At long last, you reached your room. As soon as you got in and closed the door, you ran yourself a nice hot bubble bath. You sighed in bliss as you laid in the steaming water. But suddenly, you heard what sounded like a light thud. You cracked one eye open and gazed at the open door that showed a good portion of your bedroom. Nothing. You shrugged and continued to relax in your bath.

-

After the water lost its soothing heat, you climbed out of the tub and wrapped a towel around your body. It was night time and the bright white moon was relatively close and big in front of your balcony. Speaking of the balcony, the doors to it were opened. You didn't remember opening them at any time during today as you spent most of your hours at the practice.

Maybe one of the servants opened them to let in some fresh air?

Then, a small gust of crisp night air flew into the room, the wind howling, and the breeze hitting the exposed skin of your arms, legs, and upper chest, all of which were still damp and moist from the bath. You instantly shivered and closed the glass doors as fast as you could.

Out of the blue, you let out a loud yawn, sleepiness suddenly hitting you like a forceful wave.

Wow... that bath really did it for me.

Deciding to skip changing into your nightgown, you groggily walked up to your bed, laid down, and pulled the silky sheets over your body. And in a matter of minutes, you were fast asleep. And a few more minutes later, a shadow came out from one of the dark corner of your room.

It was Zidane.

The little blonde boy carefully tiptoed across your floor, avoiding any kind of movements or noises that would potentially interrupt your slumber. When he was right beside your bed on the side on which you were facing, he crouched down to meet your level. Zidane always had a very big soft spot for you. To him, you were the most beautiful princess he's ever laid eyes on.

He, very carefully, grazed his fingers on your cheek and tucked a little strand of your (h/c) hair behind your ear. He wished desperately that you would one day return his feelings, that you would see him as something more than a friend with a monkey's tail. But, for now, this was as close as he could get to you. He felt ashamed about being some kind of creepy stalker who comes into your room every now and again, just to be close to you. With that feeling of shame going with every second, Zidane decided that it was time to leave you alone. He looked from left to right, making sure that there was nobody around. After that was confirmed, he slowly leaned his face towards yours, his heart beating faster with every inch that closed between you. Then, he closed his eyes as he felt your breath fanning his lips and soon, they were on yours.

It was a chaste and innocent kiss, and even if you weren't awake and not kissing back, the Genome still gave you a gesture of his love. Zidane then plucked your lips apart and stood up.

"Goodnight, (y/n)," he whispered softly before he tiptoed to the balcony doors and exited through them, making sure to close the doors this time so you wouldn't get suspicious of an intruder in the morning. As he leapt off the balcony and to the ground, he couldn't help but praise himself for realizing just how sneaky he was.

END