Cloud Strife x Reader x Reno- Mistake

*(A/N)- Longer chapter.*

Your legs dashed as fast as they could out of the Seventh Heaven bar and down the street, not caring that there were oncoming locomotives headed straight for them. A perfect pair of streams poured out of your eyes and flew as the wind blew them away.

Never in a million years would have thought that Cloud Strife would be unfaithful to you. But alas, this was the case. You had noticed that he had been very distant and slightly cold to you these last few weeks. You assumed that he was going through a hardship of some kind, but no. At night while you were sleeping and dreaming about him, he was with Tifa, holding her close and telling her how much he loved her, which was what you had just witnessed. It was unbelievable!

You turned to a nearby ally to catch your breath. Your chest felt heavy and painful as you gasped ragged pants and sobs. As you started to regain the proper amount of air, you stood up straight and noticed a trash can beside you. And in an attempt to release your anger, frustration, and heartbreak, you kicked the object with all your might.

***

It was nightfall and you were wandering the brightly lit streets of the city. The whole ordeal from earlier still had its weight on your shoulders. And walking past a number of lovey-dovey couples was not helping in the least. Soon, you came across a bar that had opened only days ago. As you gazed at the outside, you decided that it wouldn't hurt to have a few drinks considering your state and situation.

The bar was dimly lit and occupied by a moderate amount of people. You passed the pool table and went straight to the main bar . After ordering your drink, you proceeded to sit on one of the stools until a whistle caught your attention. As you turned to the side, your (e/c) eyes were met with the sight of a lanky, red-headed Turk who was gesturing you to join him.

Of course he'd be here...

After the bartender gave you your drink, you made your way to the table Reno was occupying, sitting on the opposite side of him.

"What's up, yo?" Reno drawled as he shifted in his seat to make himself more comfortable.

"Why do you keep on saying that?" you asked, trying to ignore the question. If you said the usual 'good' answer, you would be lying 1000%.

"I was raised on the streets. Kinda stuck with me, y'know?" he replied.

"Huh. I see." You took a sip of the cold contents in your cup.

"So, why are ya here? It's a little strange seeing you at a bar, (y/n)," Reno pointed out. You glanced at him, put the glass on the table, and slowly swallowed the fizzy liquid. You realized you couldn't dodge this one now. You let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of your nose in frustration.

"It's Cloud," you admitted bitterly. Reno raised a brow.

"You guys in a fight or something?" Reno asked, now completely interested.

"No and never will again," you stated as you took another sip. The Turk's aqua-coloured eyes widened.

"You dumped him?"

"Yes and no."

"Whatd'ya mean?" Reno asked as he shot back the last of his drink. You closed your eyes and exhaled through your nose. It was very embarrassing, but you knew Reno wanted/had to know. You looked him straight in the eye.

"I caught him with Tifa," you said surprisingly bluntly. Reno then choked on his drink, and spit it back in the cup. His eyes were widened even more and looked completely in shock.

"You what!?"

"Shhh!" you uttered as you noticed the people around you glancing over at you due to Reno's shout.

"You saw what?" Reno repeated more softly. You rolled your eyes.

"I saw him with Tifa," you also repeated with a more annoyed pitch. Reno stared you down with shock and disbelief. After a while, he leaned back in the chair and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Damn, (y/n)... I'm sorry about that." You gave a mini smirk and gazed down at drink in your hands.

"Thanks. But, I'm fine. I need to move on." You fell silent and looked to the side.

"What's wrong?" Reno asked as he noticed.

"The only problem is is that I need to move out."

"Oh, right. You live with him."

"Do you know of any motels or shelters I can stay at until I get my own place?" you asked. Reno's expression softened a little.

"Y'know... you can come to my place if you want," he said with a gentle tone. You had never heard him speak that way before. After thinking about it, you smiled and decided;

"Why not."

~Several months later~

The sun was beaming brightly within the small room and shone right in your face, waking you up. You groaned softly as you rolled onto your back. Just as you attempted to fall asleep again, you subconsciously felt a pair of lips lock with your own. You lazily kissed back.

"I believe this is when Sleeping Beauty wakes up~" a voice sung out. You smiled and chuckled lightly. As your tired (e/c) eyes began to crack open, they were met with a pair of beautiful aquamarine ones. Reno loomed over you with a sly smirk on his face and his lava-coloured hair was more messy than usual. "There she is~" Your smile widened.

Never would you have imagined that you would ever be in a romantic relationship with Reno out of all men. Over the course of your time together, your opinion and knowledge about him would completely change. You always thought that he was a lazy, cocky, and vulgar drunken playboy(which he was), but it turned out that he could be very sweet and comforting on top of that. And up until now, you never took into consideration how handsome he was.

"Morning," you said in a tired, but happy tone. Reno leaned down and nuzzled your nose with his.

"How'd my baby sleep?" he asked.

"Pretty good actually," you replied.

"Good." Reno rolled out of the bed and exited the room. You couldn't help but chuckle at catching a glance at his boxers, which were decorated with hearts. As you rolled out of bed also, you headed straight to the window and looked out. The sun was shining brightly and the air was warm. A smile graced your lips.

"I got you your favourite," Reno said as he entered the room with a small tray. And to his word, he got your favourite thing to eat in the morning.

"Thank you," you said.

"No thanks needed, yo," he replied. You rolled your eyes and scoffed.

"You'll never stop doing that, will you?" you asked as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Nope. Never," he stated back as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Didn't think so." You took the back of his head with your hand and pulled him towards you. Your lips soon interlocked.

-

Outside, Cloud just so happened to be riding down the street right next to your apartment. As he stopped at a red light, he heard a giggle. He gazed up at his side and felt as though he had been slapped across the face. There you were, perfectly in view, kissing Reno.

Reno!? Surely he was imagining this. You couldn't possibly fall for a guy like him, right? Sadly though, those doubts were overcome by the truth that was being displayed right before his eyes.

Cloud tore his eyes away as the feeling of regret started to eat at his heart. He thought that he had fallen out of love with you, but seeing you with someone else proved that fact wrong.

The light turned green and Cloud sped away from the scene. He realized now that what he did was a very big mistake.

END