Violet Valentine(Part 2)

*Again, a short chapter and you are hightly encouraged to read the first part*

The sound of thunder and lightning filled the small room. The white flash made everything look terrifying.

Violet, now 4, shot up from her bed and screamed. She'd been having nightmares of the Remnants ever  since her last encounter with them... Dreams that they would come back and snatch her away from her father.

Then she remembered...

She gingerly, almost gracefully, slid down the side of her bed and tip-toed down the hall to her father's room. Her red eyes glowed in the dark as they scanned the windows to make sure that nothing was there.

However, another white flash of lightning shot, causing the young girl to see deformed trees that looked more like monsters than Mother Gaia.

Violet squeaked in fear and let her feet swipe across the wooden floor, not caring that it made noise anymore, and pushed the door open.

"Daddy!"

Vincent shot up from the outburst and frantically looked around until his eyes landed on Violet.

"What's wrong?" he asked, calming down a little.

"I had a nightmare about the bad guys again and the thunder is scary..." she relpied weakly.

Vincent looked at his daughter for awhile. The kidnapping practically traumatized her. He could see the utter fear in her eyes, that looked just like his own. He'd done everything he could to help her move on, but nothing worked.

He sighed and opened up the sheets for her to lay in. Violet climbed up on the bed and immediately clung to Vincent. He wrapped his arms around her to tell her that she was safe. He didn't notice her small smile.

***

After awhile, Vincent heard calm, steady breathing, indicating Violet was asleep. He picked her up and walked down the hall. He gently put her in the bed and draped the soft, warm covers over her.

Studying her face a little more, Vincent took his human hand and rubbed his daughter's head soothingly. She made a sound that was between a coo and a soft purr.

The man's lips twitched into the tiniest smile.

Vincent turned, quietly made his way out of the room, and closed the door behind him

END