Reno x Reader-Special

"Come on, (y/n), just once?" Reno whined at your front door, with very sucky puppy dog eyes. It made him look more funny than cute. You stared at him with a stern look that was cracking due to his face, your arms crossed in front of your chest.

"And tell me as to why I should go out on a date with you of all people?" you asked sarcastically. Reno put on his usual smug smirk.

"Because I'm special," was his reply. You rolled your eyes at him.

"That you are," you said truthfully.

"Just this once if you don't like it. Please!"

"And if I do like it, then I have to go on another one?"

"If you like it, then you would want to go again, right?" You sighed. There was no way you were getting out of it this time. You and Reno have known each other for years now. And in those years he's been asking you out non-stop. You always said no.

But you had to admit that you didn't want to say no. You were just too focused in your work as a Turk. You were always busy. Everyday after you would come home from work, you would plop on top of your bed and be asleep in a matter of a minute. But you were on a week long vacation. You were currently on your second day. And needless to say, you had a lot of sleep.

You looked at the lanky man in front of you. He was pretty much begging for the three letter word. You then decided that it was for the best to go out with him, he had put in a whole bunch of effort... Although, you couldn't understand why he liked you so much......

"Fine. Dinner here, 8 o'clock sharp. And if you're late, don't even come," you said and closed the door on him before he had a chance to say anything. Even if you didn't hear anything, there was no doubt whatsoever that he was jumping up and down in pure happiness. You giggled at the thought. You looked at the clock. 6. You sighed, going in the kitchen to start your so-called romantic dinner.

************

You looked at the clock again. It was only two minutes until your date. Or so you thought. As soon as you thought that, the doorbell rang. Man, he really didn't want to miss his chance. You opened your door to see the red-headed Turk, in his usual uniform, excluding the jacket, and four roses tied in a pink ribbon in his hands. You shook your head and scoffed. 

"io you," you said. He chuckled. 

"What? I can't get the most beautiful girl in my life a gift?" You blushed at the comment. The most beautiful girl? In his life? What in Gaia does he see? 

***

You were dying of laughter for the hundredth time in the couple of hours you two were sitting at the table. You barely ate any of the food on your plate. All you did was talk and laugh. The more Reno said something, the more you found out you had in common. You were starting to enjoy his company, for once. And to your embarrassment, you were realizing that he was kinda cute. His red hair, his aquamarine eyes, the red marks under them. Why had you not noticed this before.

"Anyway," Reno said, looking at the clock, "I should go home now. It's getting late and I need all the sleep I can get."

"I hear ya," you agreed. You two walked towards the door. A thought popped into your head.

"Hey, by the way I wanted to ask.... Why do you like me so much?" You averted your gaze from him, too ashamed of your question. He answered after a moment.

"Because your special," he replied. You looked at him with your eyes widened slightly.

"That's it. I'm special?" You asked.

"And a beauty. That good enough for ya?" He smirked at you and moved a step closer. He was pretty tall. You gulped silently.

"What's so special about me?" You asked weakly, lost in his eyes.

"Everything, baby," he replied, leaning down closer to you. Your face was burning at this point. He was so close. You could smell his strong cologne. It wasn't the one he wore to work. It was intoxicating. He gripped your chin lightly and leaned down even more until his lips were just grazing yours.

"If you're  not satisfied verbally, why don't I prove it to you....physically," he whispered slyly. You looked in his eyes. They were darkened by both love and lust. You thought for a minute. Then raised your hand to cup his cheek. He took it as the answer he wanted. He gave you the most darkest smirk he's ever gave.

"Guess I'm staying." 

END