Vincent Valentine x Elezen!Reader-Don't be Ashamed

As much as you hated it, there was no escaping who, or better yet, what  you were; an Elezen. You looked human for the most part, the only exclusion was were your stupid large elf-looking ears! Ever since you were a kid, people would constantly tug at your ears and call you names you didn't want to say yourself. So in order to escape from everything, you ran away from your home town and lived in Midgar and always had a hood on. One day you had met a young girl by the name of Yuffie and had become good friends. So much so that you entrusted your secret to her, and to your relief, she didn't care about them.

"Hey, (y/n)!" you heard a voice shout. You turned around to see your friend running and waving to you. 

"Hi, Yuffie," you say, "What's up?" Yuffie ran to you, slouched down, hands on knees, catching her breath. Once that was done, she stood up and had a smile on her face.

"I'm having a costume party! You wanna come?" 

"........."

"....(Y/n)?"

"I can't, my ears....."

"Just pretend that they're a part of the costume, you can dress up as an elf!" You shook your head at her. 

"I practically am an elf!" you shout at her. 

"C'mon! No one knows except me, they won't think anything of it, I swear!" You look up at your friend. She has the stupid puppy dog eyes, the pout tugging at her lips, and the cute little whining to go with it. Grunting in defeat, you raise your hand in the air.

"Alright, I'll go! But if I get exposed, you're getting it!"

"Yay!" your friend screams as she jumps in the air, you sigh and palming your face with a loud smack. 

But little did you two notice there was someone in one of the alleys watching.

***************

 You had gotten dressed up in a costume that resembled grass and trees and let your long pointy ears in view. However, Yuffie was right; no one had thought that your ears were real. You had gotten a few compliments from Tifa and Aerith about what a creative idea your "costume" was.  

However, the party was proving to be boring after the first few hours. You didn't know anyone there except for Yuffie and her friend, Vincent. But, Yuffie was too busy playing a drinking game with Cid and Barret and Vincent wasn't there, so you had no one to talk to. Going outside to the empty porch, you intended to stargaze. You were currently out of town, so the stars were more visible than they would be in the light-filled city. After a few minutes, you heard the sound of heavy footsteps behind you. You turn to see Vincent, to your surprise.

"Oh, hi, Vincent. ...What are you doing here?" you ask the man in red as he takes a seat beside you. 

"I had nothing to do, so I decided to come," he responds with a gruff voice.

"Oh, okay," you say. You both sit in silence for a few minutes, looking at the stars, until...

"Don't be ashamed," Vincent says out of the blue. 

"Ashamed? Ashamed of what?" you ask in confusion. Then, it hit you. "B-b-But...... how did you know?!"

"I've been keeping an eye on you for awhile now, I know what you are. And you shouldn't be ashamed of it. None of my friends will judge you, I know that." His glowing red eyes move to find your (e/c) ones. You feel your face heat up. He's been watching me?  You look away. 

"I'm not so sure," you say quietly, looking away from him. He suddenly gets up and looks down at you.

"You will be soon," he says confidently, and suddenly, he pats you gingerly on the head before making his leave. You trance out in thought for a long time before touching our ears. You then think of Vincent's words and smile.

"Maybe..... he is right."

END