Turk!Vincent x Reader-I'm Here For You

You looked at your hand in contempt. It wasn't the colour of normal flesh. It was pale blue. You grabbed your hair that hung just over your shoulders. It was white, unearthly. Very transparent, almost glowing.

"I see you've noticed your little change in appearance," Hojo said. You looked up at him. He had his usual sly smirk, but what hid behind the slyness was pure evil. You glared at him.

" 'Little change' you say?" you questioned as you looked back down at your hands and hair. Hojo's chuckling reached your ears. 

"You have very good observation," he added as he walked towards his computer and started typing something.

"What exactly is it... Jenova?" you ask.

"We aren't exactly sure. Many believe it to be a Cetra... But the research have suggests otherwise."

"Weren't the Cetra the ancestors of humans? It sure doesn't look like a human..." you clarify as you get up and walk over to him.

As you're walking, an image of Jenova goes up on the screen. You stopped and became stiff. It's as if the thing is looking right into your soul. You studied it's features. Transparent white hair, ghost blue skin, a glowing red eye, and a head piece that has it's name engraved into it. Pretty much the only thing you didn't inherent from the creature from all the experiments you went through was the red eye.

Suddenly, the door shifted open in the distance. 

"Dr. Hojo, Dr. Crescent wants to speak with you."

Your heart fluttered at the voice. It belonged to Vincent Valentine. You turned and immediately searched for his ruby-red eyes. Once you found them, you melted inside. 

You and Vincent had known each other since his first day at helping Shinra with the Jenova project. You fell in love instantly. However, somehow, some way, he found out. Although he acted like he didn't. This gave you relief and disappointment.

"Ah, Ms. Crescent..." Hojo said with interest. He turned off the computer and headed towards the door. Once he left, you and the Turk stood in silence of a moment. He looked you up and down. He looked upset. Very upset. 

"I see you've changed..." Vincent said.

"Yeah..." you reply, looking down at the floor.

"How are you feeling?"

"I don't really know how to answer that."

"I see..."

"How are you doing?"

"I wouldn't know either."

You hummed in response as you walked back to your regular sitting place, a hospital bed. However, a hand took hold of your wrist. You turned back.

"You don't have to do this," Vincent said seriously. You looked at him for a few seconds. Then turned your head away.

"I think we both know it's a little too late for that." You try to pry his hand away, but with no success.

"Listen, I can't stand to see what they're doing to you. And more specifically, what you're doing to yourself."

Your eyes started to sting with tears.

"I can't..." you said with a quivered voice. You then burst. Lightly sobbing, letting the pain wear off a little. At the back of your head, you can't help but mentally curse since you're crying in front of the one person you hoped would never see you cry.

Then suddenly, you're whipped around and a pair of lips meet your own. You don't even bother to be surprised. You need this. Crave this. You immediately wrapped your arms around Vincent's neck and deepened the kiss. At some point, he broke it and put your face in his hands.

"I'm here for you."

***

30 years. That's how much time passed since you saw Vincent Valentine. The last time you saw him was the day you shared your first, and last, kiss. The words he said to you always replayed in your mind.

"I'm here for you."

"I'm here for you." 

But you had lost hope in them long, long ago.

You were currently in the same kind of tube Jenova was in. Hands chained behind your back and the same head piece rested on your scalp. You looked identical to the creature from seeing your reflection from the tube's glass. You hadn't aged a day. No one would know you were 60. Your energy was drained thanks to the medicines that were in your system. Your eyes felt heavy and your head, fuzzy. You dozed off.

Until you heard and felt a crash. 

Your eyes cracked up slightly. Your vision was blurry but you could see a large figure of red. Being as energy-deprived as you were, you didn't/couldn't care about it. Then, you felt yourself being pulled out of the tube. 

Everything went into slow-motion. You constantly slipped into consciousness and unconsciousness. You couldn't see the person's face very well, but from what you could see was long raven hair, red eyes, and a red bandana wrapped around their forehead.

"I'm here for you."

Then you realized who it was. 

As the relief washed over you like waves, you finally went into a peaceful slumber in your long lost love's arms.

END