Chocobros x Reader- Peace

If only you would have listened... then maybe this wouldn't have happened. If you did, then maybe you wouldn't be here, laying on the cold, hard ground. In a puddle of your own blood. Looking straight into the eyes of the wicked Chancellor. The smirk that was on his lips was vile, evil, sadistic. It was clear that he was proud of what he did to you. The blood-drenched knife twirled around playfully in his hand. His eyes stuck to your own as he bent down and caressed your cheek with his rough fingers.

"What a shame. You poor little thing," he said in a sympathetic voice. It made your impaled stomach turn with disgust. "Too bad you're friends will be the ones to bury you. How excruciating it will be for them."

With that, he got up, lifted up his hat and bowed the tiniest of an inch.

"I hope you enjoy the afterlife, my dear. I'm certain you'll become a lovely guardian angel." His footsteps echoed in your ears as he walked away, a dark and deep chuckle sounding from the back of his throat. Soon, you heard nothing but complete silence, a faint hum ringing in your ears. Your ragged breaths were the only indications that you were still living. However... you knew you wouldn't be for much longer.

"Guys! I found her!" you heard someone yell. It sounded like Prompto. You were proven correct when the blonde came running into your sight, his expression showing nothing but pure horror and sadness. "For the love of Eos..." he breathed as he drank in your state.

"(Y/n)! ...Oh, NO, NO, NO!" Noctis yelled as he also ran over to you, scooping you into his arms, not caring that he was becoming dirty with your blood.

Gladiolus and Ignis soon followed, although, Gladiolus had to practically drag his newly blind friend over.

"What happened?!" Gladio's deep voice roared as he bent over, his expression the same as Prompto and Noct's.

"A..." you breathed, your voice raspy and pain-filled, "Ardyn..."

You felt Noct's hand clench your shoulder a little bit harder at the mention of the Chancellor's name.

"What's going on?" Ignis blurted out, not fully understanding what was happening.

"(y/n)'s been stabbed by Ardyn," Prompto explained in a tearful voice. Ignis walked over to you and bent down also. He reached out his hand to find yours and did. His expression wasn't as obvious as his three other companions, but you could see that his brows were more furrowed than usual. You were happy that he was sparred of the pain by not seeing you in a dying state, however, it still pained you that the rest of your comrades had to.

"(y/n). Listen to me, you're going to be alright," Noct said, although, there was some hesitation in his voice, as if he knew he wasn't telling the truth. Seeing all four of your childhood friends gathered around you, teardrops started to leak from your fading (e/c) eyes. A sense of peace started to cover your troubled soul. You didn't want to die. You wanted to keep on going, continuing and finishing the journey with the young men. However, everyone knew that that wasn't going to happen. Your lips twitched upward in the tiniest of a smile.

"Th-Thank you guys... for... being... my friends." Everyone gazed down, knowing you were giving your final words. "You guys... were... the greatest buddies... I could ask for..." Soon, you found Prompto and Noctis sniffing back their cries. Ignis turned his head to the side, a large lump in his throat started to form, whilst Gladio tilted his head down. You turned to Noct. "My King..." The said man looked at you, your gazes locked together, his crystal-blue orbs layered with tears. "Kick Ardyn's ass for me." Your voice was fairly solid and fluid with that final humorous statement. Noctis let out a single chuckle as his tears started to slide down his face.

"I'll do more than that," he stated.

"We all will," said Gladio.

"Totally," Prompto agreed, a reassuring and sorrowful smile plastered on his crying face.

"Don't worry. He'll pay for what he's done," Ignis stated, finishing off the group.

You had complete faith in your friends and their words. You knew in your heart that you could count on them to avenge you and Lunafreya. Now, you were at peace and ready to let go.

With a full smile, you silently thanked your friends and drank in your very last sight of them gathered around you before...

 you closed your eyes...

and drifted off into darkness.

END