Noctis Lucis Caelum x Reader- Goodbye

*SPOILERS*

"No, please, you can't go!" you pleaded, clawing at the king's black vest. Sadness filled his breathtaking blue eyes. He hating seeing you like this, but he still expected this to happen.

"I have to, (y/n). It's the only way to save the planet. To save you," Noctis grimly explained, placing both of his hands on either side of your face lovingly. His rough thumbs gently wiped away the tears that decorated your face.

"There has to be another way. You just came back. I don't want you to leave me again..." you said, cracking up. As you gazed into your lover's eyes, you could see the faintest sign of tears in them. It was obvious he was bottling his emotions up. He always did.

"I wish there was, but I'm chosen. Nobody has the power to change that. Not even me."

It had been 10 whole years since Noctis was absorbed in the crystal, thus you hadn't seen him within all that time. However, you had faith that he would someday return. And he did. But now, after only mere days of being reunited, he told you that he had to destroy Ardyn... at the cost of his own life. Meaning that not only would you be losing him again, you would be losing him for good.

You tilted your head down and shut your eyes tight, letting the never-ceasing tears to fall onto the pavement below your feet like rain.

"Why does it have to be you?" you choked. Swiftly, Noctis wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his chest. All he could do was squeeze you against him, trying to express to you that you were cared for and that he didn't want to leave either.

Fate had never been on your side when it came to your romance with Prince Noctis. He was always so busy with being royalty that he didn't always have time for you when you really needed him. Then there was his betrothal to the now late Lady Lunafreya. And now he had to fulfill his destiny of being the King of Light, meaning he would be leaving you behind. Despite all of that, you chose to still hold onto your love for each other.

"I'm sorry, (y/n). I wish things would have turned out differently for us," Noctis said as he broke the hug and locked eyes with you again. "But, when I'm gone, I want you to always remember that you're the only woman I've ever loved and ever will love. You have no idea how happy I am to have called you mine. I knew the first moment I saw you that we would have something special together. No one's ever made me feel the way that you do. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

His speech melted your heart. He had always been the kind of lover who would be too shy to reveal their feelings. Out of all the years that you've spent with him, he's never said anything like this. He was spilling everything that he had been keeping inside for you. It was almost too much to fathom that the man you were madly in love with could possibly love you even more.

Unable to contain your emotions, you leaned forward and smashed your lips on his, to which he responded immediately. You wrapped your arms around his neck tightly, while he had one hand on your back and the other tangled in your hair. His lips were slightly chapped, your teeth clanked together, and the small hairs of his beard prickled your face, but you didn't notice nor did you care. You needed to show him just how much you loved him, too. This kiss was far more wanting and passionate than any other you two had ever shared. Both of you frequently switched your heads from side to side, deepening it even more. The tears never stopped falling down. At some point, Noctis let his emotions flow out and his own tears began to drip down his pale visage, mixing with your own.

You longed for this moment to last forever, but your lungs didn't agree with you. So after multiple minutes of intense kissing, it ended. You rested your head on your lover's chest, panting for air as you listened to his pounding heartbeat.

"I...I have to go now..." you heard him say with a sulking voice. At that moment, your heart broke into a million pieces like smashed glass. This was it. That was your last moment together...

You lifted your head up and looked straight into his hypnotic orbs. You engraved the image into your mind so that you could always look back on it.

"I love you," Noctis said, stroking your damp cheek.

"I love you, too," you replied in a proud voice. The king then closed his eyes and let out a shaky sigh. Then, he slowly started to turn around and took light steps away from you.

"Goodbye, my love." With that, as if in slow motion, he continued to walk away and his hand subsequently slipped out of the grasp of yours.

END