Kefka Palazzo x Reader- Play

Out of all the jobs the Emperor could ask you to do, it just had to be the one where you were an assistant. And not just anybody's assistant. The psycho, Kefka's, assistant to be exact. You honestly despised that clown freak. He was never serious. To him, every aspect of life was just fun and games. And destruction. The number one reason why you didn't want to be near him. You weren't technically a bad person per se, just that you didn't mind beating down someone who got you mad. But, you certainly weren't as bad as the lunatic. And even after a few months of serving your new 'boss', you still hadn't gotten used to him yet.

At the moment, Kefka was shooting a fire cannon at Terra and her party, laughing like a maniac, which he did at least once everyday. You just sat with your cheek in your hand, watching the gang dodging the large balls of inferno flying at them.

"(y/n), why don't you join me? You're going to have a blast! HA HA HA!" Kefka roared.

You rolled your eyes at his cheap pun and sighed.

"No thanks. I'd rather watch," you replied in an apathetic tone.

"Aw, come on! Why don't you ever want to play with me?" the clown whined as he stopped the cannon and turned around to face you, giving you a puppy-dog stare. You tried not to smirk at his obvious, big mistake.

"Maybe because I'm all grown up and playing doesn't suit me anymore?" you suggested. However, you knew he had absolutely no reasoning at all and wouldn't listen to you regardless.

"Don't forget that you're my personal toy! If I want to play, you're going to play, too!" Kefka stomped towards you, his purple painted mouth, which was normally in a smile, was now in a scowl. He put his creepy looking face right in front of yours, your noses almost touching. You still managed to keep your poker face in tact.

"You know I'll do anything for you except play," you stated. The lunatic's annoyed expression turned even more hostile. He was about to yell at you, but you put your index finger on his open lips, silencing him before he was able to utter the first word. "However, I'll give you a chance to persuade me into playing with you."

Kefka looked confused.

"And just how could I... persuade you?" he asked, drawling out the word as if he never heard of it before. You could see the completely forgotten party beginning to run towards you in the distance from the corner of your eye. After a long internal battle, you finally let out the smirk you had been keeping in.

"Why not give your toy a gift?" you offered in a sly tone. The clown looked completely ridiculous by how dumbfounded he looked.

"Hah?" he uttered. It almost sounded like he quacked, causing your smirk to widen.

"If you really want me to join in your little games, then I want something in return."

"So... If I just give you a present, then you'll play with me?" Kefka asked, his tone sounding more hopeful with every word. You nodded your head.

"Yep. Just one little present."

The clown's smile came back.

"Fine."

Suddenly, Kefka brought his hand up and traced the back of your ear with his finger and as he brought his hand back to your line of sight, you found yourself looking right at a large, beautiful rose. You blinked in pure surprise. You had never expected such a thing from the mad clown. Out of all the things he could have given you, it was a flower. Much to your shock, you felt your cheeks becoming uncomfortably hot. Taking the rose from his hand, you studied the wondrous little plant before giving it a sniff. It smelled better than any other rose you had encountered before.

"There. I gave you a present. Now will you play with me?" Kefka whined. You looked up at him and gave him a tiny smile that was almost, almost genuine.

"Okay. I'll play with you," you said. At that, the clown chanted "YES!" and bounced in the air just like a child would. "And by the way, you've lost the game you were just playing."

"Huh?" he uttered before turning around and seeing that the party was now mere feet from him.

"Fun time's over, Kefka! We've got you now!" one of them said.

"Aw, nuts!" the lunatic yelled before jumping onto the platform you were sitting on and put his hand on your shoulder. "You won this time, but you won't win the next!" Then, Kefka threw a couple of smoke bombs at his feet, causing an eruption of rainbow-coloured gas to fill the area. The people covered their mouths to block out the smoke and as soon as it cleared, both you and your boss were gone.

END