Gladiolus x Reader(Alexia)-Wedding Day

Today was the day. No turning back. No second thoughts.

Today was your wedding day. You were finally going to spend the rest of your life with the man of your dreams; Gladiolus.

"I can't believe you're going to be my sister!" Iris exclaimed with glee, fixing up the sparkling, milk white dress on your form.

"I know! I've always wanted one," you cheered back.

Iris giggled;"And... All done!"

You turned around and gasped. Although you never really admitted it before, you certainly did now; you looked absolutely beautiful!

The strapless dress was draped down to the floor in a mermaid-type fashion. The trunk of the garment was decorated in shinning pearls and diamonds, with one large, pronounced gem encrusted in the center, long white velvet gloves covered most of your arms, your makeup made your face look flawless, and your hair was put in a multi-braided bun with your transparent veil clipped in the middle. 

You couldn't say anything. Your chest and stomach were tingling all over. Iris came into view and put her chin on your shoulder, her face showing the same emotion. She wore an ocean blue short dress, with the same distinct diamond in the center as well.

"Wow..." she whispered as if she was out of breath.

Suddenly the door opened and in came your older brother, Ignis. 

"Alexia, you're due in ten minutes," he said sternly. 

Iris looked at you for a second before saying,

"Well, I'd better go," she said, giving you a pat on the back. She walked past your brother and exited. The two of you shared a silence. Ignis's eyes started to scan your form from top to bottom very carefully. You bit the inside of your lip. Your brother was still not okay with your relationship with Gladiolus, he never was. But he was considerate enough to not "forbid" it, unlike other elder brothers. However, you could feel his tenseness. 

After going over you, he slowly walked towards you and stopped at an inch or two. After a couple of seconds of silence yet again, you lit up your face with a small smile.

"So... What do you think?" you asked.

Your brother's green eyes searched your frame one last time before he pushed his glasses up with his fingers a bit and let out a sigh. He then looked into your (e/c) orbs.

"As much as I hate to admit it... I'm very proud of you," he said. You blinked. Never in your life had Ignis told you those words. You fought the urge to let out a tear. "And you look stunning," he added, gently grabbing hold of your upper arms.  You smiled.

"Thank you."

Without warning, you engulfed him in a hug. He was taken aback for a few moments before he returned the display of affection. After you broke, he raised a folded arm.

"Shall we?"

***

The doors opened and the sound of a melodious church organ filled your ears. You and Ignis took slow steps into the lobby, where everyone was standing, awaiting your presence. 

Your heartbeat was banging mercilessly against your chest, your breathing was uneven, the 'apparent'  lack of air was making you lightheaded, and you were starting to sweat, not to mention slightly trembling.  

You looked at the people in the rows. All your friends, extended family, and co-workers were putting on their best genuine smiles, some crying.

Then your eyes landed on him.

Gladiolus.

He was more handsome than the first time you laid eyes on him. He wore a silver and light pink suit, with your favourite flower embedded in the chest pocket.

He looked just as nervous as you. Yet with the same smile.

You stopped just before the steps to the alter. Gladiolus came down. Ignis took your hand and, though unwillingly, gave it to his companion.

Soon, you and Gladiolus were facing each other, smiles on faces, lost in each other's eyes while King Regis did the ceremony. Noctis, Prompto, Ingis, and Iris sat down and watched you do your vows.

"Do you Gladiolus, take Alexia to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Regis asked.

"I do," he stated proudly, slipping the ring on your finger. Your heart tingled.

"And do you Alexia, take Gladiolus to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," you claimed, just as proud, slipping his ring on his finger. Only then had you realized just how big his hands really were.

"And now, before we close; does anyone here object to the union of these two people, and has any reason that these two should not be joined together in holy matrimony? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

You took a glance at your brother. He didn't move, not an inch. He decided to hold his peace. At that point, it felt like an entire tons worth of weight was lifted from your shoulders.

Also to your relief, no one objected.

"At this moment in time I, King Regis, now declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

At that moment, Gladiolus put one hand on your hip to pull you closer, the other cupped your cheek. You put your hands on his chest and reached up. Soon enough, your lips connected and you two shared the most passionate kiss you ever created together.

At the back of your head, you could hear the guests clapping and cheering, and again, you also heard some crying in the background.

However, no one noticed Ignis's single tear roll down his cheek before he wiped it away and joined in the applauding.

END