Angeal Hewley x Reader- So Close

(A/N)- This story is kind of a birthday present by me for meXD I hope you guys don't mind:) Angeal is one of my most favourite FF7 characters and I haven't gotten, really, any requests for him besides the other one I wrote, but that was for an OC so...yeah. It's such a shame he had to die so early in the game. I personally think he deserved better... But, anyway~ I hope you enjoy this regardless:)

"That was good, but not quite. Try again," Angeal stated as he watched you from a distance as you were practising your sword training. You, along with a boy named Zack Fair, had been under the guidance of Angeal for about a year now in order to complete your dream of becoming a 1st Class SOLDIER. So far, everything was going smoothly and you were just a few missions away from obtaining your goal. At the moment, you were going over your basic combat skills. You took another big swing and slashed the holographic enemy in half.

"Better," your mentor praised. A blush started to bloom on your sweaty cheeks.

"Thanks," you replied bashfully as you stood straight and wiped the wet excess off your brow.

"However, you're still a little raw on posture. If you're too stiff, then you're likely to injure yourself during battle," Angeal explained as he walked over to you. "But, you don't want to be too relaxed either." He then walked behind you and put his large gloved hands on your tense shoulders, making the beats of your heart race a mile a minute. You've had a very big crush on Angeal for a few months now, but you were careful not to show it. He wasn't the type of guy who was searching for romance and there was also the fact that it would look weird for a mentor to be dating his protégée. But, you couldn't help but to fall for his heroic personality and endless thirst for justice. And his tall stature, robust figure, and handsome face were all a big bonus.

The very sensation of his touch only made your shoulders grow more rigid.

"Just relax," he stated as he firmly yet gently pushed your shoulders down a bit. You wondered if he could feel your wild heartbeat on his hands. With a silent breath, you tried to follow his order and relax your muscles. You began to concentrate on the warmth and comfort his hands gave.

"Good. Now, get into your ready position," Angeal instructed, still holding onto your shoulders. You did as told and framed your body into your normal fighting stance. "Does that feel better?"

"Mm-mn," you hummed, unable to speak due to the feeling of the man's hot breath fanning your ear. He then let go of your shoulders.

"Now, do the same swing you just did a moment ago." You followed his order and repeated the last move you did, but with your body more relaxed.

"Excellent. That's much better," the man said with a small smile. Your blushed increased in colour, making your face feel like it was inside a hot oven.

"Thank you, Angeal," you replied, looking away from his hypnotizing Mako eyes. 

"So, are you excited to become a 1st Class soon?" he said, changing the subject, telling you that you were done training today.

"Yeah, but also a little nervous, too," you confessed as you forced yourself to return to normal, along with the colour of your cheeks.

"Oh? And why is that?"

"I don't know... I guess it's just that I'm naive about what's expected of me and how I'll be able to do my missions." You tucked a small strand of (h/c) hair behind your ear as you looked up at Angeal. The guy always had his brows furrowed, even when he was smiling. As crazy as it sounded, you thought it was very attractive. But, after you said that sentence, his brows, along with his whole stunning visage, became softer. It made you internally squeal. Slowly but surely, he walked up to you, stopping when you were only about a foot apart, and put a hand on your shoulder again. You fought a shiver that threatened your spine.

"Don't worry, (y/n). I know you'll do great," Angeal reassured with a light smile to match. You glanced down and smiled shyly, the tedious blush coming back to haunt your face.

"Well, I did have a great teacher after all." You mentally slapped yourself in the face. That was way too big a hint. Instead of being taken aback by your compliment like you expected, his smile widened slightly.

"And I had a great... and beautiful student."

It felt as though your heart had exploded. You swore your ears were deceiving you. There was absolutely no way that the Angeal Hewley just called you beautiful. Your smile widened and your face was now the temperature of lava. You closed your eyes and turned your face to the side to avoid Angeal's lovely blue orbs staring intently at you any further. However, he was quick to grab your chin and make you look up at him again. His face had never been within such a close proximity to yours before. You could see every flawless feature so clearly.

Then, ever so slowly, he leaned in closer. You knew what he was planning to do. So, you fluttered your eyes closed and felt the slightest touch of his lips on yours...

"WH-HO-HOA! What do we have here?"

Zack...

Your eyes shot open and you turned away from both men. You had never been so embarrassed in your life, your blush was now there because of a different reason. The hand that once held your chin curled up into a fist as Angeal tried to hold in his anger at the boy who ruined his(and your) precious moment.

"Zack?" Angeal asked sternly through gritted teeth as he glared at him. The boy had a big grin on his face.

"Sorry to bother you, Angeal, but Director Lazard wants to talk to you." Zack's tone was laced with amusement. You heard Angeal sigh as he walked towards the door, being sure to give his other student a good thunk on the head on his way out.

You were mentally screaming inside. You were so close to actually kissing Angeal! So close!

END