Prompto Argentum x Reader- Changed

*Warning: Potential Spoilers*

Click!

You snapped your head up from the book you were reading and searched for the sound. It sounded like a... camera? Eventually, your eyes caught a round, pudgy belly sticking out from one of the trees to the far left.

Prompto Argentum.

The biggest boy in grade 6, who always had a camera in his hand and no one by his side.

He didn't interact with other children much and didn't really talk unless it was to answer a question in class. The thought really bothered you. You imagined for a moment what it would be like to always be alone. You couldn't.

Working up the courage, you hopped off the bench and made your way over to the boy. As you got closer, you noticed that he was looking down at his camera screen, completely oblivious to his surroundings. When you were less than two feet away and he still didn't notice your presence, you cleared your throat.

"Hello," you said, your squeaky child-like voice echoed slightly. At that moment, Prompto jumped and looked at you. Once his gaze locked with yours, the blue eyes behind his glasses widened and a faint pink sparkled his chubby cheeks .

"Oh, h-hello," he said shyly.

"We haven't really talked before. I'm (y/n)!" you cheerfully exclaimed, extending your hand for a hand-shaking. Prompto blinked and looked down at the hand in front of him. After a few moments, he turned and soon, his back was facing you.

"Prompto," he whispered.

Your brows twitched together in confusion. You slowly put your arm down. This wasn't the way you thought he would react. If anything, he should have been as enthusiastic as you had been. But, you assumed that because he was shy and didn't react with other kids that much, he didn't know how to respond to you. So, you gave it another go.

"So... What'cha lookin' at? What did you take a picture of?" you asked as you tried to peak over his shoulder to get a look at his camera screen.

"Ah- It's nothing!" Prompto rushed as he shuffled himself away. 

"I just want to see..." You were starting to get disheartened at this point. 

The blonde turned and saw your pained expression. He sighed. You started to hear rapid beeping, indicating he was pressing some buttons. After awhile, he slowly turned and gave you his camera. You smiled.

"Thank you."

"..."

You took the device as gingerly as you could into your small hands and gazed at the screen. Numerous pictures of animals, bugs, and beautiful sunsets.

"Prompto, these are amazing!" you exclaim.

As you looked back up at him, you noticed he had his hand out. 

"Oh."

You gave him back the camera.

"So Prompto, are thinking about becoming a pho-" you were cut short as he started to walk away, "tographer..."

***

You hadn't spoken to Prompto since that day. You decided to let him be. In a way, it hurt your feelings because of the way he gave the impression that he didn't want to talk to you.

One day as you were walking back from school, thought you had seen Prompto jogging. But you shrugged it off. You didn't think that he would be doing something like that. The thought of the heavy-set boy saddened you. You really wanted to be his friend but... it seemed he didn't return that.

*******

Today was your first day of high school. You were both excited and scared. You didn't know if you were going to fit in with the other students. It also didn't help that all your friends moved before finishing elementary. But you still had that childish confidence in you to believe in yourself that you would find friends like you did before. You straightened out your uniform, put on your best smile, and headed out the door.

***

Going to the front of the school, your nerves were starting to kick in. Everyone seemed to be in a group except for you. None of the faces you saw were familiar. You stiffened your shoulders up a bit due to the insecurity. The self-confidence you stored up was draining out of you fast.

When you got into your assigned locker, you opened it and put your coat on one of the hooks. As you shut the door, a blonde boy was suddenly next to you.

"Hey, (y/n)!" he cheered. You were taken aback. Who was this guy?

"Um... hi," you replied, not knowing what to say.

"It's me, Prompto!"

Your eyes widened and your jaw hit the ground. Scanning the man in front of you, your mind couldn't comprehend what your were seeing. He was no longer chubby nor had glasses on. He was lean, muscular, spectacle-free, and... gorgeous.

"P-Prompto?" you asked in his belief. 

"Yep! The one and only. Long time, no see. Am I right?" he asked as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

"Wow... You've... changed," you said.

He smirked at you. 

"Like what you see?" 

You blushed and smacked his chest lightly.

"What happened to the shy person you were?" you asked

"What happened to the positive person you were?" he asked back.

You blinked. You hadn't realized that.

"You know, that reminds me; I'm sorry about being rude as a kid and all," he started, turning to face you, "But, you're right. I was shy. But I also really liked you as well."

You blushed again, although this time it was worse. He'd just confessed to you.

"And I still do. Could you give me another chance?" Prompto pleaded, his blue orbs gazing into yours. You thought for a few moments, then smiled and looped your arm around his.

"I'd love to."

The young man smiled and put a chaste kiss on your forehead.

END