Noctis Lucis Caelum x Reader- Waiting

Dedicated to Aiindyy

The young prince ran as fast as he could despite all the people shouting at him not to do so. He barely even heard their voices. They didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was you.

He finally found the room where the hospital staff were keeping you. Noctis burst the door open.

What met his eyes shook him to his very core...

There you were. Bandages covered your whole body. Ruby blood stained the one gauze covering your left eye. Your chest elevated up and down ever so softly and slowly.

"Prince Noctis!" one of the nurses exclaimed, completely surprised to see him there. Noctis ignored the people's stares and walked right up to the bed you rested on. The more he gazed at you, the more his heart felt like ripping apart.

"W-What happened...?" he asked.

"Miss (y/n) was attacked by muggers. Police say it was a robbery gone wrong..."

Noctis let out a breath of disbelief. Muggers? Robbery gone wrong? You were the victim? How was this possible?

"She's in a coma right now. Judging by her condition, she won't wake for another week or two. But, she'll live."

Relief washed over the young prince at the news. You were going to live. However, he was still horrified by your physical state. To think that someone would even dare do this to a gentle, innocent, beautiful girl like you...

Anger boiled in his blood at the thought. He clenched his fists hard, emitting cracking from his knuckles. He was soon lusting for revenge.

"Vengeance isn't justice."

Noctis heard your voice in his mind.

"Vengeance is what is fair only for yourself. But justice is what's fair for both villain and victim."

He remembered the day you had told him that. It was your most favourite quote. You were always the type to recite phrases and quotes from various movies, books, and poems when something reminded you of them. That was just one of the things he loved about you.

***

Night had come. Noctis was sitting near your bed, listening the heart monitor beep, letting him know you were still with him. He was utterly beat. He was so stressed and worried about you that he hadn't given his poor head a break ever since he heard you were hurt. He wanted to be with you to make sure you were alright, and if anything happened. He left like that was the only way to make up for not being there when you were...

There was a knock on the door.

"Hey, Noct." It was Prompto. "I heard about what happened... I'm really sorry, man."

"... ..."

Prompto didn't know what to say. It really hurt seeing his two friends go through something like this. He felt so bad for you. Your injuries looked painful. And guilt was plastered all over Noctis's face.

"Hey, look on the bright side, buddy. The doc said she's gonna be fine. Don't worry. I know (y/n) won't blame you. You had nothing to do with this," Prompto said gently.

"But... I should have been there..." Noctis said weakly. Prompto put a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"I know you wanted to be there. But, sometimes... things happen that we have no chance of stopping. Besides, all that matters is that (y/n)'s alive and safe. She'll be happy seeing you when she wakes up."

Another knock on the door.

"Excuse me," a nurse said, "But visiting hours are over in a minute."

"Thanks," Prompto said. "C'mon, I'll drive you home." He left the room. Noctis didn't want to leave. He wanted to be by your side the whole way. But, the hospital policies didn't exactly agree with him on that.

However, he was still told over and over again that you would be okay, that you would recover.

And that your attackers were arrested later that day.

Prompto was right; even though he wasn't there to protect you, you wouldn't blame him. You would be happy to see him help out as you healed from this incident.

Noctis got up, leaned over to you, and gave a loving kiss on your bruised, but still soft lips before he left.

And until you had awoken, he would be right there, waiting.

END-(REQUESTS CLOSED!)