Cloud Strife x Reader- Question

"(Y/n)?"

You turned around to see Cloud standing a few feet from you, with the bar counter being in the way.

"Yes, Cloud?" you asked innocently. You failed to notice a bloom of red on his pale cheeks.

"Remember how you said that you've always wanted to go stargazing?"

"Yeah...?"

"Well..." The boy rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, looking somewhere off on the side, "Tonight, there's supposedly going to be a meteor shower and lots of shooting stars. You wanna go?"

Your face instantly beamed with excitement.

"You bet I do! Oh, Cloud, thank you!" you exclaimed, clapping your hands with glee. You did that in order to restrain yourself from leaning over the counter and embracing your Mako-eyed friend. If there's one thing you knew about Cloud, it was that he didn't really like to get too touchy with anyone, especially girls. The couple of times you did hug him, he simply stiffened and didn't bother to hug back. Also, hugging him was a big hint about your feelings towards him.

"It's nothing," the boy muttered as he turned to walk away. "I'll be waiting outside when you're done."

Words couldn't explain how happy you were! You were finally going to go stargazing! Not only that, but you were going to do so with Cloud Strife himself! This was a chance that you swore to not blow. After all, what are the chances of Cloud doing anything for you?

About 10 minutes later, you were done cleaning all the tables(although your job was kinda messy since you had rushed through it) and headed out the door. Sure enough, there the blonde was, leaning against his motorcycle with his lean, toned arms crossed over his chest. He hadn't noticed you come out. He appeared to be in deep thought by the distant look in his sea-blue eyes.

"I'm ready," you stated excitedly as you approached him. Cloud blinked and turned his attention to you.

"That was fast," he commented.

-

It had been a while since you two made your way to the unknown destination. The crisp night's air endlessly gushed against your visage, making your (h/l) (h/c) hair flow with the breeze. Even with the cool wind, a hot blush could be felt as you clung to Cloud, unintentionally feeling all his ripped abs from underneath his shirt in the process. You could only imagine all the hard training and exercise he must have gone through to get the physique he had.

Your fan-girly thoughts were interrupted when the fenrir came to a slow halt on the side of the highway.

"This place should give us a good view," the blonde stated as he began to get off his bike. As soon as his back was out of your line of sight, the wondrous display of millions of twinkling little diamonds residing in the dark sky filled your eyes.

"Wow..." you breathed as you gawked at the view above. Unbeknownst to you, Cloud's lips twitched upwards as he looked at your awestruck expression. He thought it was funny yet cute at the same time.

"Is this your first time seeing a sky full of stars?" he asked sarcastically. You glanced at him, unsure of how to answer his joke.

"Actually... it is," you replied with an embarrassed pitch, "I've never been outside the city, so I don't get to see a lot of stars. That's why I was so eager to see the meteor shower."

-

You spread out the blanket you had brought out on the cold grass while Cloud was on the look out for any sign of shooting stars.

"Any luck yet?" you asked as you finished patting the blanket down.

"No. There's still nothing, but it should be starting soon," he replied.

"I see..." You flopped down on the warm cloth and continued to gaze at the sky in wonder. It looked so much better than any picture book you read about this sight. It was truly amazing. As you were looking up, Cloud laid down beside you. A few moments of silence came over. You couldn't help but think about something...

"Hey, Cloud?" you asked, turning to face him from the side.

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to ask... Why did you bring me here? You really didn't have to?" For as long as you knew the spiky blonde, he never did anything for anyone if it didn't mean life or death. He was so stoic and gloomy most of the time and barely talked. Tifa told you he used to be lively and outgoing until two of his closest friends were killed. Also, when you always whined to him about taking you out stargazing, you were half-joking as you figured that he would never do the deed. But now, after months, he actually has.

"..."

Cloud didn't say anything for the longest time. You guessed that he wasn't going to answer altogether. Eventually, that's what you concluded and watched the sky instead. The chirps of crickets and other nightly insects were the only sounds filling the slightly awkward atmosphere. The more time that passed, the more you were wondering why your friend wasn't answering your simple question.

Then...

In one swift motion, Cloud got on top of you and captured your lips with his, his hands beside either side of your head, trapping you in every direction.

"Hmph-!" was all you could utter as your (e/c) eyes widened and an apple-red blush coloured your entire face, including your ears. The brain in your head went absolutely haywire as you comprehended that your crush was actually kissing you. However, just as you were about to close your eyes and kiss back, Cloud broke it. His face was, no doubt, as red as yours.

"Is that good enough?" he asked, implying that he was finally answering your question. You took a moment to let the shock wash away before smiling and replying with a simple "Yes".

END