Cloud Strife x OC- Gift

Lauren looked left and right to make sure she was the only person in the area. When that was confirmed, she took a deep breath to keep herself calm and steady. She gazed down at the street below. It was at least 100  feet below, if not more. Then, she looked forward. The next building over was a good distance away, but it was reachable.

I can do this.

As she took a few steps backwards, the adrenaline in her system began to take over. And with one last breath, she ran. As Lauren reached the edge, she lunged forward and flipped as many times as she could until she reached the other building, landing perfectly on her feet.

She loved parkour. It was one of her favourite hobbies, the others being knitting and hanging out with her boyfriend, Cloud.

Speaking of Cloud, he had no idea that Lauren did what she did. She had always kept her stunts her utmost secret. The poor blonde would probably freak if he knew what she was doing. Hopefully that wouldn't happen any time soon...

Lauren leapt from building to building, from railing to railing. She felt so free with every jump, letting her brown hair flow in the wind. It was her escape from the real world. 

***

About an hour went by and the girl felt her energy start to fade. As she gazed forward, the tower just ahead was the one where she had started. With one last burst of effort, she ran and jumped to the tower. And as gracefully as she could, she landed onto the ledge. She crouched down to catch a breath and calm her racing heart. As she was doing so, she heard a whistle from the street down below. As Lauren gazed down, her blue eyes locked onto another pair of the same colour.

Cloud.

The brunette's thumping heart seemed to stop in that moment. Her secret had been revealed... and to the one person she had hoped would never find out. His expressionless stare and stiff posture was making things even more awkward and tense. Lauren bit her lip nervously and slowly went down the steps on the side of the apartment. When she had reached the last step, she cautiously looked up at her boyfriend. Still, no emotion whatsoever. He could almost pass for a mannequin. With a jolt of courage, the girl gulped and put on an anxious smile.

"Hey, Cloud..." she said awkwardly, trying her best to pretend nothing happened, but even she knew it was pointless. Cloud just stood still for the longest time. By that point, Lauren got more scared and nervous with each passing second that was silent. 

Then finally, the blonde walked closer to the girl and dug something out of his back pocket. He pulled out his pair of goggles that he wore occasionally. Lauren stared at them for a few moments before shooting the spiky blonde a puzzled look. 

"If you're gonna do stuff like that... you might as well look good doing it," Cloud said softly with a smile to match. Lauren blinked. This was definitely not the reaction she was expecting. 

"O-Okay..." she said, completely confused as she took the goggles from Cloud's hands. "But, why these?"

"Consider them a gift," the boy replied as he pulled her closer and kissed her forehead. "You'll have to show me what you've been hiding tomorrow."

Lauren smiled.

"Gladly," she replied.

END