Rude x Reader-Complicated(Part 3)

You couldn't fight back anymore. You were too worn out. Not only were you tired from all the struggling and fighting, but you were also in pain, physically and mentally. You looked down. The water was up to your waist now. One more day and you were done for. 

"They still haven't shown up yet. Do you think they'll even come at all?"

"They better. It'll only prove that they care about their money than they do the chick."

Tears started to form in your eyes. You closed them to hold the tears back so they wouldn't add to the water that was about to be the reason for your death. Hearing your kidnappers talk about whether or not Rufus was trying to save you was adding to the anguish. You two always had your differences which made you fight... a lot, but he was still your brother. Surely he would try, right? 

The phone rang. 

"Yeah?.... I see. Bring it over."

"That them?"

"Yep. They said they have the money."

You opened your eyes and stared out from the tube and to the warped people in front of you. Feeling a jolt of relief, surprise, and happiness. 

"Here they are now."

You couldn't see the people clearly, but from what you could make out, a large fluff of red/pink hair and a figure with brown skin. 

Reno and Rude. You pushed the memory of rejection out of your mind, it obviously wasn't important at this moment.

"We gave you what you wanted, now hand us back the girl," Reno's voice said from outside the tank. 

"Yeah, I don't think so."

Just then, you heard a lever being pulled and even more water flooded through. And before you could even comprehend what happened, you found yourself underwater. You knew it wasn't best to panic when underwater, but you couldn't help it. You were scared, hurt, and exhausted. You couldn't hear nor could you see anything. Your eyes were blurred from the water, but you could hear muffled yells from outside. The seconds felt like minutes and soon, you started to blackout and then...

Nothing.

**********

Waking up, you hear the beep of a heart monitor and dim lights. You started to stir and groan in pain... until you felt the sensation of an arm wrapped around your stomach. Looking to the side, you find Rufus fast asleep, right beside you.

"Rufus?"

He stirred, lifting his head up slowly, he had his eye half open and his hair a mess. He turned to face you. Right when his groggily eyes landed on you, he shot up and seemed fully awake.

"(y/n)!"

The next thing you knew, Rufus was engulfing you in a hug. It took you a second to come out of your shock before you hugged back. It was in fact the first hug that you two ever had with each other. After a few minutes, he broke it and tried to regain his normal composure.

"Now that I see you're okay, I'll be on my way. The doctors should be here soon," he said as if nothing happened. You watched him walk out of the room, arms behind his back. Then the door closed. You blinked. 

'What just happened?'

You laid back down in the bed and took a deep breath. Your chest kind of hurt after nearly drowning.

The door opened again.

"Yes?" you say looking up. At that moment, your heart thumped wildly. A lump started to form in your throat. Your eyes started to sting, foreshadowing tears.

Rude.

He walked toward you slowly. The slight darkness in the room made his presence very intimidating, almost terrifying, especially his eyes that were covered by his shades. It looked like he had no eyes at all. With each step, felt your heart go in rhythm with the clacking of his shoes. Your breathing got heavier as he reached the bed. You looked down and did everything you could to shake the feeling of his intense stare on you. 

"I...." he started. You looked up at him from the corner of your eye.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." 

You looked down again.

"You didn't do anything," you reply.

"Yes I did." 

Now you really didn't want to be there. You just wanted the bed to become a mouth and swallow you so that you were out of sight. No doubt he was talking about the confession. You pulled the covers off of you and struggled to stand up and started walking to the bathroom door.

"Like I told you, I understand. You can just forget about what I said." As you were walking, a large hand took hold of your arm, carefully. You halted, but you didn't turn around.

"How do you honestly expect me to forget?" Rude said, almost angry.

"....Look, I'm sorry for telling you, I should have just kept to myself. If you don't want to be around me, then I get it." Tears were coming out of your eyes at this point.

"If I didn't want to see you, then why would I be here?" You turned sideways a little after realizing what he said, but you still couldn't face him. You didn't know how to respond.

"Look.... I never really thought about you in... that way, but most of it's because you were Boss-" he tried to explain, but you cut him off.

"Because I'm Rufus's sister. I get it!" you yelled as you yanked your sore arm away from his gentle grip. "I get why you were so nice to me before. And I was just to stupid to fall for things that you had to do. Now forget it!" 

Suddenly, you were pulled back and forcibly turned around. You opened your mouth to protest, but something warm and heavenly covered it, silencing you. Your eyes shot as wide as they could. Rude pulled you closer to him and put a firm grip on your shoulder and hip, not caring it hurt. You had never been so confused, yet so happy. You closed your eyes and melted into him. The small stubble from his goatee irritated your skin a bit, but you didn't care. You had to stand on your toes to make it easier for him to kiss you. After a while he separated from you and hugged you.

"Listen... I want to love you like you do me, but you need to help me."

"...That's silly Rude, I can't-"

"Please! I can't go on knowing I broke your heart. And besides, you deserve it after everything you've just been through."

He looked down at you and held you close.

"I......... I'll try."

As his thank you, he leaned down and kissed you again. It was chaste and gentle this time.

"Well, well, well. I believe the problem is solved!" 

You two broke the kiss and looked at the door. Reno was leaning at the side, arms folded, smirk on high. You blushed and hid in Rude's chest.

"Reno. Out," Rude said sternly.

He chuckled.

"Sure. I had a front-row view anyway," he said as he walked away. This time, both of you blushed.

"RENO!" you both shouted in unison.

END

(A/N- The reason I made Rude's story longer is because there's not too many fanfictions about him.)