Kadaj x Reader- Better

Dedicated to @RemnantFan and Mily_chuu

The sound of rapid footsteps and ragged breathing filled your ears as you ran as fast as you could, away from the 3 silver-headed men that were chasing after you. It was slowly starting to become agonizing as your lungs were screaming for sufficient air and your legs aching from all the movement. However, you had to keep going. You couldn't bear being a prisoner any longer. The reason they kept you was because you were once a scientist who worked on the Jenova Project. These 3 men, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo all claimed that Jenova was their mother and since you were the only person on the Jenova team to still be alive, they saw you as their last hope to find their 'Mother' after it went missing.

The sound of revving engines reached your ears. They were getting close. You were starting to become dizzy. Your chest and throat burned from the lack of air and non-stop movement. Your speeding pace gradually began to decline. But, as soon as you could see the lights coming from behind you, illuminating off the dark, cold ground, a new boost of adrenaline rushed throughout your body and you began to pick up pace again. Unfortunately, due to the fact that it was night and you were in the wasteland, you couldn't see very well. Thus, at some point, you stepped into a small hole, causing your foot to twist and a sharp, hard pain shot from your ankle. You fell instantly, landing flat on your face, which only contributed to your physical suffering. You rolled onto your back, moaning in pain. Slowly, your body started to give out and your vision got blurry. All you saw before passing out was the blue starry sky, along with the lights of vehicles and 3 dark figures gathered around you.

***

You woke up in a start as ice-cold water was suddenly dumped onto your face. It took a few seconds for your eyes to come into focus. When they did, you could see that all 3 young men were standing around you. Loz was holding a bucket, telling you that he was the one who woke you up.

"Sorry we disturbed your little nap~" Kadaj said with a smug tone and a menacing smirk to match.

"My, my. You sure are troublesome, aren't you?" Yazoo remarked with his arms crossed and looking relatively bored, as always.

"You're mean for running away!" Loz scolded, a childish pout forming on his lips. You gritted your teeth in frustration. All that running and anticipation for nothing... You were starting to sit yourself up when an immense throb of pain came about in your ankle. It was so bad that you flopped back down on the worn-out bed and yelled out in pain. As you gazed down, you saw that your ankle was slightly swollen and red, indicating that it was sprained. The pain continued to pulsate, causing you to groan.

"It looks like she's hurt, Kadaj," Loz pointed out, looking over at his brother.

"Loz, don't be getting all soft on her now," Yazoo said in an aloof voice.

"You guys go. I'll take care of her," Kadaj stated. The 2 glanced at each other and silently nodded in agreement.

"Don't be too rough with her. We still need her," Yazoo said.

"Yeah. We don't need her getting hurt even more," Loz also said as he closed the door behind him, leaving you with the leader. Fear started to make its way through your veins. Kadaj was the cruellest of the trio, as well as the craziest. There was no doubt in your mind that that guy was insane. You had no idea what he would do with you. He was always unpredictable.

His signature smirk rested on his features as he stepped closer to you, making your body stiffen in response. You tried to shuffle away, but the pain was proving it difficult. You reluctantly gazed into his cat-like green eyes, which were exactly like Sephiroth's. Once he was close enough, his eyes flowed down to your injured joint.

"See what happens when you run away?" Kadaj inquired with a mocking tone. He shook his head and clicked his tongue. "Tsk, Tsk. For someone who's known for being smart, you really do have a dense side, don't you?"

"Go to hell," you spat, giving him the hardest glare you could make. He chuckled darkly.

"And a stubborn one. I kinda like it." Suddenly, he took hold of your ankle, resulting in more pain. You yelped in pain.

"Let go!" you cried out, kicking at his arm with your other foot, only to have it seized as well and with no energy in your arms, you were practically helpless. He gave you a stern look.

"If I help you, then you're going to help us find Mother in return. That also means no more cheap escape plans. Is that clear?" Kadaj asked with a low, demanding voice. He then gave your ankle a light squeeze, releasing a shockwave of stabbing pain.

"Ah! Okay! Okay! It's clear! It's clear!!" you screamed, desperate for the pain to stop. He let go shortly after.

"Good girl," he stated, his vile smile coming back. Then, he proceeded to rip off a small portion of the bed sheets and began to slowly and carefully wrap the cloth around your ankle and foot. It really confused you as to why he was being so gentle... or why he was even doing this for you. You eventually realized that he weren't too harsh on you because he merely needed you. Soon, your ankle was covered with the substitute gauze.

"Is that better?" Kadaj asked, looking up into your (e/c) eyes. You took a moment to concentrate. It still throbbed and hurt.

"Not really," you stated truthfully, but were a little grateful nonetheless. Then, completely unexpectedly, Kadaj leaned his face right up to your ankle and gave it a light kiss. You gasped in both surprise and pain. Those green, feline eyes gazed at you playfully.

"How about now?"

END