Ignis Scientia x Reader- Date Night

You hastily opened your closet door which contained all your fancy dresses and clothing. You frantically searched to find the perfect one that would suit the occasion for tonight. What's the occasion you may ask?

Tonight, you were going on your very first date. And the lucky guy was...

 Ignis. 

Yes, the Ignis Scientia asked you out on a date! You had been crushing on him so hard these last few months and thought there was no way he would ever like you back. But, it turns out you were completely wrong. The memory of him coming up to you and asking if you wanted to join him for dinner was still fresh, as if it had just happened, although it was actually several hours ago.

Finally, you tried on all your dresses and picked out the one you liked the most. Then, you rushed to the bathroom to do your hair and makeup. Even though your date wasn't coming for another hour, you wanted to look your absolute best for him. You did not want to ruin this one chance.

***

At last, the door bell rang. Your heart sped up a dozen times more faster in an instant. You took a couple deep breaths to calm yourself. You quickly snuck one last look at yourself to make sure everything was how it should be and made your way to the front door. Upon opening it, your (e/c) eyes were met with the heavenly sight of Ignis in a fine black suit with matching leather gloves and excessively polished dress shoes. He gave you a light smile.

"Good evening, Miss (y/n)," he greeted with that breathtaking voice of his.

"Evening," you replied, although you internally cringed at the sound of your shaky voice. Fortunately, Ignis didn't seem to notice. He brought his folded arm up to you.

"Shall we?" You smiled and wrapped your arm around his.

"We shall."

***

Ignis took you to the most expensive diner in all of Galdin Quay. Not only that, but he insisted to pay for it all. You wanted to object, but ended up complying to his offer. During dinner, both of you talked about your interests; his being Prince Noctis's personal advisor and chef and you wanting to become an author. When the band came, you danced to a few songs. There was no surprise that Ignis was very talented with footwork. Then, after you had finished your meal and the restaurant closed, the man took you to a beach.

-

"May I ask why you have an interest in literature?" Ignis asked as he walked on the shoreline with you, the sound of the washing waves droned in the distance.

"I don't really know. I guess it's because I've always had a big imagination and want to bring those fantasies to life," you explained.

"I see. How intriguing. Do you happen to have written anything?"

"A few short stories here and there, but I wouldn't call them publish-worthy yet."

"Come now. You should have more confidence in your potential. Such a lovely young lady like you deserves success." You gazed at him, shocked by what he had said. As he gave you a light smile, you instantly blushed and turned away.

"T-Thank you..." you whispered.

-

Sadly, the night had come to an end. Thankfully, you didn't humiliate yourself like you thought you would. However, your heart was still pumping two beats faster than normal. It had been doing that all night. You still couldn't fathom the fact that the man you had been smitten for actually took you out, fed you, paid for you, danced with you, and even showered you in compliments!

As the car parked on the side of your house, Ignis got out, went around the vehicle, and opened the door for you. You gracefully slide out as he took your hand in his, the mere touch burning your delicate flesh.

"I hope you had a wonderful evening, my dear," Ignis said as you both walked up the front steps.

"It couldn't have been any better," you replied shyly, a blush appearing on your cheeks. As you reach the door, you turned around to face the spectacled brunette.

"Well, I guess this means goodnight."

"Yeah. Thank you so much, Mr. Scientia. I really enjoyed myself this evening."

"Please," he said as he brought your hand up to his lips, "Call me Ignis. There's no need to be so formal." He then put a light peck on your hand. Your heart raised in rhythm as you turned away.

"No need to be so charming either," you joked bashfully. You heard the man chuckle lightly. As if in slow motion, you felt a gloved hand gingerly graze it's fingers across your burning cheek and made you turn your head to lock your (e/c) eyes with those breathtaking green ones.

"Am I that charming to you?" he asked in a low, seductive whisper. He was so close, his breath fanned your lips, causing a barely noticeable shudder to course through your spine. Your breath hitched in your throat, making you unable to speak. You found yourself slowly setting your range of sight on his lips. They looked so soft and delicious, you wanted to taste them immediately. Upon instinct, you leaned forward a small fraction as Ignis repeated the movement. You fluttered your eyes closed as your lips met his. Your hands rested on his lean, yet toned chest, his one hand on your cheek while the other rested on the low of your back.

The kiss was chaste and innocent, but was ultimately enough to send you to paradise. All his touches was gentle, as if he was being careful not to hurt you in any way.

After a few long moments, you drew back and started into each other's eyes once more.

"I assume that's a yes," Ignis stated. You smiled shyly and nodded, too breath-taken to talk. "I'll be contacting you tomorrow if I can arrange another outing.  Would you be interested?"

Your smile widened and you gave him a small peck on his lips. Ignis smiled again.

"Another yes, I see."

You giggled.

END