Chapter 87 Serendipity

~Thanks for waiting for this moment!~

"Finally, I'm free!" Namjoon shouted joyfully, throwing his hand in the air. Glancing down at his now messy desk scattered with papers, he lets out a chuckle. "Well, not really." He's been dealing with paper works and meeting other managers from several music companies for the past weeks or so. With the studio getting busier each day, he hardly ever came home and he knew Jin was worried about him. Even if he's the CEO of his own company, he didn't want to leave all of the work to Yoongi. Just as he organizes the paperwork into their designated files, the door suddenly slammed open and Yoongi came in. "You're still here? Are you done with work yet?"

"Yeah, I finally finished with the paperwork and now I just have to file them in their proper location. Why what's up?" Namjoon went back to organizing the paperwork, not taking his eyes off of them. Just a couple of more and he'll be able to call it a day. But with the papers constantly in his hands after placing them in a file seems to be endless and he could feel the stress building up with each time passing. Maybe he wouldn't be able to take a day off after all and plus, he's too stubborn to lend the work to Yoongi who's already dealing with his own portion in his studio. 

"Namjoon!" 

The younger jolted at the unexpected shout and nearly knock over his papers. "W-what, hyung?!"

"I've been calling your name repeatedly just now. Listen, I'm done with my work already so let me handle this. You need to go see your boyfriend and spoil him rotten today. Don't ask questions, just go. I'm sure he's missing you and I'm not sure if you know what day is it today?" Yoongi arched an eyebrow and crossed his arms, waiting for the younger to answer but when he saw the confused expression, he sighs and nudges him off of the chair. 

"Ah, hyung! No, let me finished this, I'm the CEO. It's my responsibility to do this and if you're finished, you can go home. I don't want to stress you any more than this-"

"-and I'm telling you that I've already completed all of the work I have to do. Must I remind you that I'm your business partner and friend at that, and as your partner, I'm taking over this work for you so you can go destress with Jin hyung today!"

"What? You keep mentioning Jin, hyung. What's going on?  He's busy with his own work too..." 

"Namjoon. Do you know what day it is today?" Yoongi stares at him. 

"Of course, it's Monday- Ouch! What was that for?!" Namjoon pouts and rubbed his forehead. 

"Let me rephrase my question. What is today's date?" Yoongi pointed at the desk calendar and successfully got Namjoon to leave his chair as he starts to neatly file the papers. His eyes traveled over to the younger, who stood frozen in his spot and he rolled his eyes. "Yah-"

"WHAT?! It's Valentine's day?! Holy shit! Hyung, I have to go! Make sure you get those papers stored in their correct files! I owe you one! Wish me luck!" Namjoon ran out of the office at lightning speed, ignoring the confused stares from the staffs. 

Yoongi scoffed, shaking his head. "I swear, what would he do without me?" 

~~~

Jin lets out a breathy sigh. Due to the fact that today is a special holiday, his restaurant is packed with couples and it only made him grew envy. It's Valentine's today so he thought that he and Namjoon would be able to celebrate it together but looks like work is becoming too much for the both of them to take a day off. 

While he appreciates his staff members for encouraging him to take a day off, he probably would've ended up staying at home or something. As he takes out the tray from the oven and sets it on the kitchen counter, he wipes the sweat off of his forehead and washes his hands. Jin wasn't sure what else to do other than bake a strawberry shortcake for the two of them to eat together in case Namjoon got off work. Neither greeted each other yet and Jin felt the need to do so since he had a feeling that his workaholic boyfriend forgot due to the heavy load of work he's been dealing with. "I should call him."