Chapter 74 New Leaf

~~Man, I gotta hurry up and get Namjin back already. 😱

"Seung hyun!!"

Namjoon and Jin both ran to his side, while Hoseok and Taehyung ran outside with a baseball bat and a frying pan in hands, reading to attack whoever is hiding close by.

"Show yourself coward!" Hoseok positioned the bat in his hand, swinging it around in the air with a frightened expression.

"Yeah, we just want to talk to you, that's all!" Taehyung hollered with a frying pan in his hands, waving it around in the air with a frantic look.

"Yah, that guy has a gun and you're both holding useless weapons! Come start the car, we're going to the hospital!" Jin hollered, carefully lifting up his now ex boyfriend into his car, and Namjoon sat on the opposite side. Seung hyun panted heavily as he tries to stop the bleeding in his chest. He was starting to get dizzy and the hospital was about half an hour to an hour away. Sweats started pooling on his head and Jin uses his sleeve to dab the waterworks away, while Namjoon took off his sweater and place it on top of the injured mans chest.

After a few seconds, Hoseok got into the passenger seat and Taehyung in the driver seat. The eldest suddenly froze at the arrangement and grabs onto Tae's shoulder. "Wait, you're driving!?"

Hoseok pales, realization dawn upon him. "Wait, Tae let's switch-" The youngest merely grins at him and speed off to the hospital.

~~~

They finally arrived to the hospital and Taehyung immediately parked at a handicap spot that was right next to the hospital entrance. "I think my lifespan just reduced to 10 years," Hoseok whispered, clutching his chest dramatically.
"Count me in," Jin mutters and opened the door, carefully dragging Seung hyun out of the car with Namjoon running over to carry the eldest bride style and speed walk to the entrance with the trio close behind. A group of nurses quickly came out with a bed wheeler and Namjoon gently places the conscious man on the bed, and watches a female nurse immediately attaching the oxygen mask on. The four men stayed silent as the nurses wheel him away to the Emergency room for immediate surgery and a nurse came out to ask some questions.

Namjoon ended up doing most of the talking because Jin is still shaken up by what happened earlier and is being comforted but Taehyung and Hoseok. By the time he finishes, Jin could tell the nurse wasn't convinced with Namjoon's side of the story so he heads on over and stepped over.

"Alright so from what you're telling me is that you and the patient got into an argument and fought each other, and then your friends came out to stopped you two. You went back inside the house to treat your nose which I'll need to check on it later and this Kim Seokjin guy who previously dated the patient was with him at the time of the shooting. They kissed and the patient shoved him away and when he turned around, that's when this mystery guy shot him on the chest. Correct?"

Namjoon nodded, feeling a bit tense at the situation. The male nurse shifted his attention over to Jin, who said "it's true. I'm Kim Seokjin, a friend of the patient. He shoved me away and when he turned around, he was....shot." The elder didn't noticed he's trembling when Namjoon grabs his waist and pulls him closer. Jin grew flustered but said nothing and shifted closer. The male nurse nodded and jotted it down onto the chart. "Alright, thank you folks. I'm going to go inform the doctor now so you can all wait at the waiting room until a doctor comes out. Take care." The male nurse left.

After the nurse left, Namjoon gently twisted his body so that he's hugging Jin close to his body. The elder remain mute and hugged back, laying his head onto Namjoon's chest, hearing the soft heartbeats of the other. It's quite alluring actually and he found himself close to dozing off until a surgeon came walking out with blood on his gloved hands.
Jin immediately ran over with Namjoon following behind. "Doctor, did everything go well?"