Chapter 2 First Encounter

As Jin stood in the hallway, contemplating whether or not he was fat, his thoughts were interrupted by Taehyung, who suddenly grabbed both of his shoulders. "Jin-hyung, are you alright?! Did that walking corn stick hurt you?! Do you want me to eat him?!" 

Jin let out his windshield laugh and instantly felt better. "W-walking corn stick?" Jin let out another round of laughter before wiping a fake tear out of his eye. Tae smiled and said " yes, walking corn stick! His hair is yellow and he wore green today, plus he's skinny." Jin laughed again, placed his books inside his bag and slung it over his right shoulder. "Nah, he didn't hurt me, Tae. But he did call me fat..." He trailed off, looking down. 

"Hyung, you're not fat. You're just beautifully curvy!" Tae exclaimed, smiling. He took Jin's hand and lead them to class. "Don't let their words get to you. "If there's something fat about you, it's your heart, hyung. Because you have a big heart!" Tae stopped and made a heart with both of his arms while smiling his boxer smile, making Jin's heart melt. "Kasamida, Tae-Tae," Jin said, smiling and walked to their first class, English. 

As the two boys made their way to their seats, Jin pulled out one of his English book that they will be discussing today. As he waits for the teacher to arrive, students began piling in and a certain blonde caught his eyes once more, making his heart jumped and the cause of his -ahem- wet dreams. Don't tell Tae though. 

Kim Namjoon, ages 16 and is a sophomore, just like Jin himself. From the moment Jin saw that dimpled smile, he was hooked. The first time Jin saw him was when he was lost looking for his first class and saw Namjoon at the office, getting his schedule and his looks captivated Jin so much that he stood there, just staring at the boy...which was the reason why Jin got lost looking for his class in the first place because he stood there too long and the bell rang and all the teachers were already inside their classroom. He chuckled as he remembers how he looked like a lost chicken whose head got cut off just trying to find his first class. He wasn't exactly too sure if his feelings were real since they never spoken once, but he would watch Namjoon and his gang from time to time. He wasn't a stalker nor was he obsessed with the guy, but something about Namjoon caught his attention and it certainly wasn't the fact that Namjoon is the most popular guy in the school for his looks and brains. Jin wanted to know him more on a personal level, because to him, Kim Namjoon was a mystery that needed to be solved. But of course, as an outsider, there was no way Namjoon would ever talk to him since he was friends with Jackson. That thought made him silently groaned. 

He watches as Namjoon and his two gang pal members take a seat on the other side of the room. One of the gang pal members had red hair, and other one had mint green and Jin realized how short those two are compared to Namjoon. He couldn't remember their names since he was more focused on Namjoon to even consider their names, but he distinguished remembers someone calling their names before. 

Before Jin could continue his train of thoughts, his teacher arrived and instructed everyone to open their book and start reading. He immediately went into concentration mode and felt someone was staring at him. But he was too focused on the book to even look up, pushing down that uncertainty feeling. As times goes on, the feeling of being watched was increasing, causing him to feel uncomfortable. Who the hell is staring at me, Jin wonders? He was just getting to the good part of the story and as he was about to glance up, the bell rang. He bookmarks his book and placed it inside his book bag once more. 

Taehyung walked up to him and Jin could tell he was nervous for his second class. As he got up, he saw uncertainty in Tae's eyes as he shifts his foot back and forth. "Tae, it'll be okay. They won't hurt you, they hate me more remember? "Jin said and took his hand, leading him out of the door, never noticing the pair of eyes that looks at him. Tae didn't say anything and continued to walk alongside with Jin to his next class. "But hyung, they'll bother me again because I'm an outsider..." Tae trailed off, hiding his eyes behind his bangs. As Jin leaned in to wrap his arms around him, someone yelled out "ew, get a room, you creeps!" 

Startled, Jin blushed and turned to the source of that voice and frowned. Tae blushed and looked away, not wanting to look at that guy. "It's the walking corn stick again hyung," Tae whispered. Jin stifled a laugh and hugged him. "Just ignore him and focus in class, okay?" But suddenly, he was shoved against the locker by Jackson. "Who said you can ignore me? I said, get a room. Or are you so fat that your hearing is blocked too?" Jackson whispered into his ear. Jin didn't say anything, too ashamed for being embarrassed once more. Before he can reply, he heard footsteps and laughter coming his way. 

"Yo Jackson! Why are you even wasting your breath on that loser? Hurry up or the teacher will be on your ass again!" Namjoon exclaimed loudly, causing his pals to laugh with him. Jackson smirked and shove Jin to the ground, walking away. Jin slowly got up and wiped dust off his uniform, picked up his bags and steadily made his way to his second class. 

"Why me.." he grumbled. "Out of everyone, why is it me that gets picked on? Is it wrong to be who I am?" As he was walking, he realized Namjoon called him a loser, causing tears to formed in his eyes. He quickly wiped away his tears and immediately power walk to his class, bumping into someone along the way, causing both boys to fall onto the floor. 

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going, are you--", Jin halted as he realized who he crashed into. Jimin Park, a red-head who is one of Namjoon's gang friend. Jin gulped and prepared for the worst. "I'm sorry I bumped into you, it won't happen again" Jin quickly apologized with his head bowed. He squeezed his eyes shut, expecting a hit or blow but instead was meet with a hand in front of him. He looked up and saw Jimin smiling at him, extending a handshake to him. Jin was confused as to why the small boy was smiling at him, instead of hitting him since he was included in Namjoon's gang. "It's alright, I'm not hurt. My name is Park Jimin. Nice to meet you, hyung!" Jimin smiled with his eye smile and Jin realized he was gaping. He quickly shakes hands with Jimin, trying to calm his racing heart. 

"H-Hi, my name is--" "Jin right? Kim Seokjin?" Jimin said. Jin could only stare at him in silent. This was the first time anyone outside of Tae in school that spoke to him in a friendly matter. He couldn't help but feel suspicious. "yes..."Jin replied. Jimin smiled triumphantly. Jin smiled at his cute action but the feeling was subsided when he realized the situation. "It was nice talking to you Jimin, but you shouldn't talk to an outsider like me. It could ruin your reputation." Jin said a hint of sadness detected in his voice. Jimin blinked in surprise and said " but I want to talk to you. I don't care about reputation. I've been meaning to talk to you today during class and --" 

"Wait, that was you who was staring at me in English class?" Jin asked, shockingly. Jimin blushed and looked away. "Oh, you noticed, hyung?" "Of course I noticed, the stare was so intense, I thought someone was drilling holes in my back!" Jin exclaimed, making Jimin laughed out loud. "Hyung, you're so funny! yes, that was me. I wanted to ask if you wanted to become friends but you left so sudden so I couldn't. But here's my chance! Will you be my friend, Jin-hyung? I don't care if you're an outsider or if anyone saw us talking. There's nothing wrong with being friends, right?" Jimin said excitingly. 

Jin wanted to believe Jimin. He really does. But he still couldn't shake off that suspicious feeling on why Jimin, a guy who was part of Namjoon's gang, would want to befriend a loser like him. But the thought of having another friend besides Tae (not that he hated being friends with just Tae), filled his heart with happiness. It felt so nice and overwhelming to see another person not looking at him with disgust or ignoring him like he was some sort of disease. He felt truly happy and decided it wouldn't harm being his friend. "Okay Jimin. Let's be friends!" Jin exclaimed, smiling and Jimin engulf him in a hug. "Great! I'll see you around hyung!! Ja nae!" Jimin waved and smiled, rushing away. Jin watched him leave and smiled to himself. 

I made a new friend! He thought excitedly and went to his next class, even if he was 30 minutes late.