Chapter 9 Forming New Bonds

Jin stood there, staring at him. How could he? He felt all kinds of emotions in him and for the first time, he wanted to punch him. How could he do that to him? 

Namjoon was in the middle of packing his stuff when he felt someone staring at him. He looks up and made eye contact with Jin. To say Namjoon felt bad for treating him this way was an understatement. Namjoon decided he could care less about him, even if they did have dinner together. He did want to thank the boy for it but after witnessing his friend (Jackson) practically flying against the class, he thought against it. Jackson may be a douche, but they go way back since elementary, and he could never forget the day Jackson had stood up for him when Namjoon himself, was bullied. "What are you staring at, loser?" He hissed at Jin, who was looking at him with disbelief. 

Ah. That's right. How could Jin forget? He was nowhere near Namjoon's level, and he was friends with Jackson too. Of course, Namjoon would defend his friend and not some outsider loser like him. Jin decided to leave since the atmosphere felt heavy between the two. He continues to watch Namjoon who didn't break eye contact with him and appears to move closer to him. Before Namjoon could open his mouth to insult him once more, Jin broke eye contact and went straight to the nurse office, wanting to see if Tae was doing okay. But more like he didn't want to deal with his crush, who was causing all kinds of emotions swirling inside him. God, I feel like an over dramatic princess. 

He couldn't stop the hurt feeling that rose up, nor the tears that were starting to well up in his eyes. To think we were starting to break the ice with one another, this shit happens, he thought to himself. He wiped away the tears, a little to forcefully and winced at the aching pain of his bruised, black eye. He continues walking to the nurse office, ignoring the stares and whisper as he walks by. He makes his way into the nurse office and immediately spotted Tae, who was snoring quietly. He smiled and quietly closed the door, not wanting to wake the boy. 

"Ah, Kim Seokjin dear, you look like hell. Come sit here and let me patch you up". The nurse voice appeared out of nowhere, startling him. He quickly turns to her and made his way to her, taking a seat in front of her. The two didn't say anything since no one knew what to say.  After she gave him a lecture about staying clear from fights since he was still young and taking medications for his pain etc, he makes his way over to Tae and grabbed a chair, planting it next to the bed. Suddenly, Tae sneezed, causing Jin to laugh quietly. 

Jin noticed Tae's nose was fixed and he let out a sigh that he didn't realize he was holding in. He realized he had left his stuff back in the classroom and didn't feel like going back to retrieve it. He really didn't want to bump into Namjoon or Jackson at the moment. He silently groaned and buried his face onto his palms, and Tae stirred, waking up. Jin looked up and smiled. "Hey Tae, how are you feeling?" 

Tae quickly sprung up from the bed. "Hyung!" He crushed Jin into a bear hug, causing Jin to turn blue. "Yah, Tae...can't...breathe!" Tae quickly let him go, smiling sheepishly. Jin blew out a breath and sat at the foot of the bed. "Hyung, you look like crap."

Jin rolled his eyes. "Geez thanks, Tae, tell me something I don't know."

"You look like a shiny bowling ball when you sweat," Tae said, laughing as Jin hurls a pillow at his face. "Ya hyung, I just got my nose fixed! Don't hurt it even more!" Tae pouted, stroking his nose. Tae looks at Jin who seemed to be looking guilty and sad? He frowned at the expression and inch closer to Jin. "Hyung, what happened after I left? What did that teacher say??"

Jin didn't want to talk about it but knowing Tae who won't stopped until he gets an answer, he swallows some saliva and told him everything. Even what Namjoon did. He looked up and saw the anger on Taehyung's face. "That bastard! You made him dinner and he does that to you?! Is that his way of saying thank you?!"