Chapter 69 Rejection

A/N: I feel regretful for making you guys wait so long for Namjin to happen again. I'm sorry. I know some of you all are annoyed or impatient that I'm taking too long. I'm a detail orientated person so I'm sorry if you have already lost interest. 😔 For those who stayed, thank you so much. Now onto the story~

~~~

"Jinnie?" Namjoon gently caress the smooth skin and couldn't resist himself to kiss the plump cheeks.

It's as if someone slapped him back to his senses because next thing he knew, he kicked the taller male off him and scramble up to his feet, his chest heaving as he backs away. He touched his lips and his eyes widen. Namjoon kissed him and he freaking kissed back! Why the hell did I do that?! He groaned and instantly glares at Namjoon, who stood back up painfully from the kick to his stomach. "A simple no would've been better, Jinnie," Namjoon huffs, rubbing his tummy as he looks pointedly at the elder.

"You kissed me!" Jin backs away even further, refusing to get any closer and his glares intensified. Namjoon took a step forward and lean against the wall. "You kissed back." The blush started to spread across Jin's cheeks and Namjoon bit back a smile before sighing. "I'm sorry I went overboard just now. I came to apologize but it lead to this and you must hate me even more. But even if you do hate me, that doesn't mean I'll give up on you. I like you too much to let you go again. Please, Jin all I'm asking-"

"Namjoon-," Jin rubs his temples, feeling the pent up frustration building up. He's seriously thinking of buying a tape recorder just so he can stop repeating himself.

"-is for another chance to make things right. I'm not asking us to be together again right away, I know I have to gain your trust back." Namjoon stops and waits for the elder's response, his heart filled with hope that Jin reconsider it. But he's not a fool, he knows that Jin wouldn't dare cheat behind Seung-hyun's back, it's just not who he is.

Jin crosses his arm and scowls. "Namjoon, a simple apology will not erase the lies you've told me for 8 months straight. I'm still incredibly mad at you for playing me like that, which is why I don't think I'll give you that chance. I've worked way too hard to become who I am now and I'm not going to let you build me up so you can break me down again. Also, please disregard that kiss we had, I don't want anyone to know. I already feel guilty for cheating behind Seung-hyun's back and I won't hurt him like that." The air suddenly grew heavy and Namjoon found himself getting angry at Jin because the elder of the two kept denying his feelings, along with mentioning his boyfriend. Now's not the time to get angry, Namjoon. Chill.

"So you won't even consider giving me a chance whatsoever? Even after I spent two hours here at your house and told you I'm willingly to make it work again and even before, I told you the same thing. Did you think I was kidding when I confessed my feelings to you? Jin, I'm incredibly sorry for lying but why can't you see that I'm trying my hardest here?" The desperation is practically rolling off his body at this point.

Jin narrowed his eyes. "Are you kidding me right now, Namjoon? You lead me on and you expect me to give you another chance just because you like me? Sorry, but that's not how it works in my book. Try being in my shoes and see from my perspective view." He turns away, biting his lip. "I'm leaving." The wounds were starting to open and he desperately tries to ignore his feelings, so he stood up and head for the door.

Meanwhile, Hoseok is silently eavesdropping them after he caught them kissing inside Jin's room. He didn't mean to though, he was gonna announce that he's back and to ask the elder how did it go until he saw that they did more than just talk. But an uncomfortable feeling crept in and he frowned when the situation became clear to him now that he thinks about it. Jin is with Seung-hyun now so why did he kiss Namjoon? Could it be that the elder still harbor feelings for the guy? It's so strange considering he never heard Jin talk about Namjoon since they came back from California, but it's possible that he could still loves Namjoon, since that kiss seemed desperate. He remembers how Jin held Namjoon super close to him, with Namjoon doing the same.