Chapter 36 Courage

"Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the ability to act in the presence of fear."

Taehyung jolted awake, sweats pouring down his forehead. Something was wrong. He had a nightmare where one of the machines at the hospital stopped working and Jin died. He felt the dreadful feeling swirling in his gut and he immediately sat up, declaring to go visit Jin to reassure himself that Jin is fine. Right? He glances at the time and it read 8 a.m.

Welp, no school for me today.

He threw the covers off in a rush, and yelp when he found himself on the floor next to another body. "Hobi-hyung, why are you sleeping on the floor?!"

Hobi cracked an eye open and covered his face from the beaming sunlight. He quickly sat up and rubbed his head. "I must have fallen on the floor," he muttered sleepily.

Taehyung snorted before running into the bathroom, earning a curious look from Hobi. "Yah Tae, what's the rush? You usually don't care if you got to school late."

Taehyung rinses his mouth with water before hoping into the shower. "Something's wrong with Jin-hyung! I can feel it!" He quickly washes his hair with shampoo and conditions his hair afterward. By the time he got out of the shower, Hobi was currently brushing his teeth and putting on his shoes.  "Tae, how are you so sure?!"

"Best friends instinct! Now hurry, we gotta go!" 

After both boys finished washing up, Taehyung practically dragged Hobi to the car and they both scurried away to the hospital. Taehyung's uncertainty only grew stronger as they approach the hospital.

~~~
Namjoon woke up with a startled at the sudden noises around him. He realized he was back in his own hospital bed and quickly sat up, looking over to Jin. Dr.Grossweiner was currently standing next to Jin's bed with a couple of other nurses surrounding him. He watches their faces and noted how their eyes kept diverting back to the screen and shocked hits him.

The machine stopped beeping. In fact, it was a black screen and his concerns only grew further. Without hesitation, he threw the covers off and stood close by in order to figure out what went wrong. "Doctor, the machine stopped working!"

"Nurse Macarena, hook up the power cord and start the machine again."

The nurse did as she instructed and the machine grew back to life instantly, causing everyone in the room to release a sigh. Namjoon stepped closer, behind one of the nurses in order to hear their conversation better.

"Did any one of you allow a visitor to visit Kim Seokjin's room last night?" Dr. Grossweiner asked his nurses, who only shared a confused look with one another. "No sir, the only visitor we allowed was Kim Namjoon, who requested to stay overnight with him."

Namjoon decided to make his appearance known. "What's going on?" He may not look like he's freaking out but on the inside, his nerves were going haywire. He needed an explanation and he wanted it now. 

Dr.Grossweiner looked up at the lad. "Someone last night unhooked the power cord from the outlet." Namjoon stood there, stunned at the statement. A panic expression sprawl across his face and he gulped, his mouth going dry. "J-Jin...i-is he okay? He's still alive right?!.." 

Dr. Grossweiner stepped forward and patted his shoulder. "He's fine. We just performed a few tests and his results are looking quite positive. He should be waking up today, seeing how his body has reacted to our treatments successfully." Namjoon felt his legs grew weak and he collapses onto a chair, placing his head between the palms of his hands. "Thank god..." he squeezes his eyes and hands tight, thanking the heavens above.