Chapter 66 Revenge (?)

~Long chapter alert! ~

What did he just say? Suddenly, light footsteps were heard from behind and he slowly crane his neck to see a nervous Jungkook, standing a few feet from him. Neither said a word until Taehyung lifted the phone up. "Did you both plan this out?"

Jungkook eyes widen and he holds his hands up in defense. "N-no, I didn't even know Yoongi-hyung recorded what I said until now."

"Plus, I saw you from the corner of my eye when you were walking by. Then you suddenly ran the other way to hide and I told Jungkook to follow us later. He doesn't know what I was planning on doing till now." Yoongi steps in.

The taller male blushes for having caught from the beginning. But he still couldn't wrap his head around Jungkook's words. He gently gave the elder back his phone and cross his arms. "Since you followed us, you must have heard what I told to Yoongi-hyung and I'll say it again. What exactly were you expecting me to do?"

"I want you to believe me, Taehyung. I need you to see how much I've missed you over the years you left. Yes, I did wrong but I'm trying so hard to earn your attention again. You even heard the recording. Hyung, please. I was young and gullible, but now I'm older and a bit wiser. I just...I need my man back. I won't give you up, hyung. I'm going to keep trying to earn your trust again. I'm really sorry."

Yoongi smiles. My proud bean.

Once again, Taehyung is hit with several jabs in his heart with every word the younger sprouts. He doesn't want to break his shell but as he stares into those broken set of eyes, he thought about the revenge. The revenge both him and Jin worked hard to achieve, to make their ex lover pay for what they've done. To see Jungkook crying non stop and begging for his attention once more, wasn't this what he wanted?

He actually thought that his revenge would be brutal and harsh on the younger. That's what he wanted actually, to make the other suffer and experience the terrible heartbreak he's endured. He didn't spend endless days forcing himself to format a plan just to feel his own heart breaking. It's not fair to see his ex lover still has an effect on him.

He loves Jungkook so much, it hurts. It doesn't matter how many nights he spent telling himself he'll get his brutal revenge, it didn't matter how many times he install hate into his heart for the maknae. It can never surpass the love he has storing inside his heart, and his own cold shell is breaking with each passing minute. The revenge he desires is slowly crumbling away.

Jungkook steps closer and a glistening metal shining catches his attention. Tears suddenly wells up in Taehyung's eyes. It's the necklace he brought for the younger on his birthday. He had it the whole time? He shakingly bring his hand up to the cold metal and jolts back, feeling the electricity running through his system.

He balls up his fist. This wasn't supposed to happen, he wasn't supposed to be the one to give in. The revenge is still fresh in his head but now, he can't think straight anymore. "H-hyung. Is it too late to say sorry? I'm so sorry for the heartbreak I've given you. Now all I want to do is make you happy, but if breaking my own heart makes you happy, then I'm willing to do so for you." Taehyung scowl. This isn't fair. This is not what I planned!

"Stop it!" Taehyung demanded weakly, his ball up fists on the muscular chest. "Stop saying all of that! This wasn't supposed to happen! I didn't bust my ass for this, I wanted revenge!"

"R-revenge?" Jungkook squeaked, staring down into that ball of mop brown hair. His eyes widen when he saw the tears falling down Taehyung's face. "Hey, I'm sorry, Tae. Please don't cry."

"Yes, the revenge that was supposed to be harsh and cold. I wanted to make you suffer, I wanted you to see the hardships I had to go through after I left. You're not making it easy for me to carry out my revenge, Jeon Jungkook!"