Chapter 82 One Last Time

~~~

"Taeyeon, you are the reason why Ayla is still alive. You're not a bad mother and I don't think it's a good idea for her to forget you."

Taeyeon simple smiles as she continues to write her letter. She's almost finished with it and her heart grew heavy. "It's not permanent, oppa. At least, I don't think it is. The pill will only stop working if someone tells her about me." She heard a sigh and a grunt. 

"What happens if she does permanently forget who you are even if Namjoon told her about you? Are you fine with that?"

"That'll be even better. She wouldn't have to remember a weakling mother who was always spreading her legs back in her teens days. Even if I no longer am the same person, I couldn't even fight Jiyong back. Anyways, oppa! I'm finished with my letter, you guys can come pick me up now."

They bid goodbye and gently folded the letter, then set it aside for Namjoon to see. She also included a separate note for Jin a few weeks back and left it in his guest room. A few seconds later, she heard footsteps coming up and went to go open the door. To her surprise, it's not who she expected to be and her eyes widen. "Oh, h-hello."

Yoongi eyes widen and so were Jimin's. They still couldn't believe that Namjoon ended up having a kid with the former slut, but the male assures them that she's a changed woman now. But Yoongi still had a hard time letting it go since girls like Taeyeon always had evil intentions rolled up their sleeves. Like Victoria, for example. He shudders. 

Jimin broke out of his trance and walked up to her. "Hey Taeyeon, is Namjoon home?" the woman made room for the guys to come in and she shakes her head, closing the door. "He's over at Seokjin's house to fix their relationship since he's been spending so much time with me and Ayla. Seokjin felt lonely and I feel guilty for that."

Yoongi said nothing and walked on over to the living room, while Jimin stood next to her. "Aigoo, don't feel guilty. Namjoon is being a good father by spending time with his daughter, isn't he? He probably wants to be there to make up the time he missed and Jin hyung must've got jealous. Don't worry! Omo, why are you crying?"

Yoongi turns his head to her and sure enough, the woman is crying again. But the weird part is that she's smiling. "Ah, I'm crying happy tears! I finally got to live with the man I love and birth his daughter. I'm really happy."

Upon hearing that, Jimin and Yoongi tense up. Negative thoughts started filling their head. But Taeyeon notices their expression and she laughs. "No, it's not what you're thinking. I won't steal Namjoon away from Jin. His happiness is Jin and he accepted Ayla into his life again. I'm satisfied with that."

Jimin formed a smile but he couldn't brush away his concern, because the woman is still crying. She saw him eyeing a letter on the counter and his eyes widen. It's address to Namjoon. "Noona, are you...leaving?" The woman jerked her head to the male and she nods. "Yeah, something came up and I have to go. But don't worry, Namjoon will take care of her when I leave!"

Just then the door rang and she hurriedly went upstairs to retrieve her suitcase. But when she saw Ayla sleeping peacefully, her eyes waters once more and she kisses her daughter's forehead one last time. Words were unable to form as she dissolved the pill onto a glass of water by the bedstand. I'm sorry, Ayla. Mama won't get to see you grow up, after all.

"Taeyeon."

She almost jumped and glance at the doorway. "Oppa..." Seung hyun gazed at her sadly and went over to her. He stared at the little girl before looking over to his sister. "She's an exact replica of you. I'm sorry this had to happen. But we have to go now. Jiyong is waiting. Did you already dissolved the pill?" Taeyeon nodded slowly. "Yes. She usually gets thirsty after every nap so once she takes it, her memory of me will vanish. It's for the best."