Chapter 71 Doubts

Start from the beginning

"Sort of, yeah. We've been mostly just catching up on things and basically restarting our friendship. But hyung, it's so hard to stay with friends with him when all I want is for him to be mine. But he doesn't fully trust me just yet, so all I can do is pretend I'm fine with our status. It's torturing." Namjoon buried his hands inside his hair, tugging lightly. "Plus, whenever we hangs out, I can see that he's a bit uncomfortable so I know he's still doubtful of me."

"Namjoon, no one said it's going to be easy. You broke his heart and trust, it's no wonder Jin-hyung is skeptical about letting you in back in his life. Consider this as your punishment and now you have to pay the consequences." Yoongi turns back to his computer.

"Gee, thanks hyung for reminding me of my mistake. I feel so much better now," the sarcasm lacing in Namjoon's voice. Yoongi grins at him. "But my advice to you is don't sweat it. Jin will be yours eventually." Namjoon peek from between his arms. "How are you sure that'll happen?"

The memory of the cafeteria played out and Yoongi only offered him a reassuring smile. "You can't deny the love you have for someone, no matter how much you convince yourself. Love will find a way to bring two people together. You just gotta give it time. If you chase love, it'll run away from you so I suggest you use this time to work on yourself to become a better person not just for Jin-hyung, but for you as well."

Namjoon pouts and whines. "But I have been working in becoming better, I even put my playboy status behind. I'm more mature now. Also, you didn't answer my question, hyung!" But all he got was a pat on the back and he went back to focusing on his lyrics. But Yoongi was right, he can't rush his plans or else it'll never work. He has to act accordingly and carefully, making sure to not step over the boundaries since Jin isn't single, which sucks and because of that, he's been suffering quietly these past few days. To release his discomfort, he took to writing and has been working on it for days now, putting his thoughts onto the paper. It's been his mechanism of dealing with the pent up stress and letting his bundle of feelings out. The clock strikes 6 pm and he wonder if Jin is home from his new job yet.

Jin still can't believe he's allowing Namjoon to enter his life again but he wants to see if Namjoon is a changed man like he claims to be. He's still not entirely forgiving so he's curious to see how their relationship would work out now that they're just friends, although he hasn't told Seung-hyun about it. Recently, he got a job at Sugar Daddies just to experience the pleasure of baking and gain some work experience, obviously not because workers get free ramen during lunch break. It was something to distract him from his thoughts and he needed the money anyways. Though his father is a CEO, he doesn't want to rely on his old man forever and wants to provide for himself.

The days that he worked here, he became friends with Sleepy, and they would have lunches together and would exchange funny childhood stories. Seung-hyun would stop by a few times just to give him a kiss and his coworkers would tease him to no end. His thoughts drifted to Namjoon randomly and how perfect their lips molded with each other that night in his room, causing him to blush a bright red which didn't go undetected.

"Thinking about Seung-hyun huh?" Sleepy smirk with his mouth full of ramen. The handsome male blushes and immediately stuffed his face with his noodles, earning a snicker from the other. "Yah, calm down or else you'll choke, Jin!" Lewd thoughts suddenly appeared in his mind and he actually did choked, causing the other to pat his back repeatedly until he got his shit under control. "Anyways, before you were about to die on me, how are you and Seung-hyun doing? How long have you guys been dating?"

The younger drank a glass of water and sets it down, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. "We've been dating for a couple of months now and we're doing good. He's been treating me like a fragile gem though, it's so strange sometimes. I think he forgets that I can take care of myself..." He trails off, feeling a bit bitter about the times they've argued about it, even if he hadn't mentioned it to Hoseok or Taehyung. Sleepy arched an eyebrow at the tone and wipes his mouth with a napkin. "Really? What happened?"