Flowers

I decided to write that prompt after all. I'm using Isa because I want it to be hilarious.

I... May have changed part of the story. Isa's love interest doesn't appear, unless I ship her with Robin. XD

Isa

I sighed and lowered my head onto the counter. Today was a slow day, but as we worked at a floral store near Smash University, we rarely got orders. The only busy times were Christmas and Valentine's Day. As such, there were days were nothing happened, and other days we had a few people come in. But today was one of those days were nothing was happening.

"Slacking off?" A male asked me.

I jumped up and just about smacked him. "Robin!" I admonished.

He laughed at me. "You know better than to slack off. It looks bad and you'll get in trouble."

I sighed and stretched my arms. "But nothing is happening!"

Robin rolled his eyes. "You can always cut flowers with Reflet."

"No thanks," I replied.

Robin was a junior - one year older than me - and my fellow coworker. He was the one who got me into this job, as his sister Reflet was the manager. While I am thankful for the job, I often wondered why he was here. With his intellect and responsible demeanor, he could have gotten a job tutoring. As much as I wanted to ask him, I was a little afraid of him - he was a sneaky friend, and he's been known to play pranks with me.

The bell rang, signaling a customer. I turned to see a red-head stomp in and slam several bills onto the counter.

"Do you make 'f*** you' floral arrangements?" She asked.

"No," Robin replied. "But we can try."

"May I get your name?" I asked.

"Sully," she replied.

I wrote her name down on the order form. "May I ask who this is for?"

"A friend of mine. Her name is Maribelle and she insisted I bring flowers to her."

I nodded and wrote down Maribelle on the order. "Okay... Can you come back in an hour to pick it up?"

"Of course," she replied.

"That'll be $19.95," Robin replied.

Sully paid and left. As soon as the door closed I looked at Robin. "Shall we start?"

He nods and I follow him to the back were all of the flowers are. He starts to pick them out and hand them to me.

"Okay... To represent stupidity, we got some Geraniums," he muttered as he handed me some, where I began to cut the stems. "And for resentment, we got Petunias..... Some Snapdragons for deception..."

As Robin grabbed the flowers, I cut the stems in different lengths and added them to the vase. As Robin handed the me the Snapdragons, he stopped and raised his eyebrows. "What are you doing, Isa?"

I paused and attempted not to laugh. "Um.... Making them into an obscene gesture?"

Robin laughed. "Isa...."

I sighed. Oh great, I'm in trouble.

"You need to cut the stems more," he laughed as he made the flowers look even more obscene.

I laughed as well. "Are we going to get busted for this?"

Reflet walked in from the office. "What are you two troublemakers doing?"

We froze and turned slowly, caught in our own mischief. "Hi Reflet," we say nervously.

She looked at the flowers. "Is that what I think it is? A flower arrangement flipping off people?"

".... Yes....."

She burst out laughing. "Oh Naga, this is hilarious. Normally people don't do that.... But I don't care. It's awesome!" She turned and walked back into the office, allowing Robin and I to dodge a bullet.

"Phew," I sighed in relief. "That was close."

"Yeah...." Robin replied.

🌺🌻💐🌸🌼🌹🌷💐💐💐💐

After an hour, Sully walked in, and she smiled when she saw the floral arrangement. "Perfect. I like this floral arrangement a lot." She picked up the flowers and left. "Thanks!"

I glanced at Robin. "That was fun."

"It was. I doubt that we'll get more of those floral arrangement orders," he calmly stated.

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

Robin, you are a horrible oracle.

Reina: So that's that.... Should I continue this?

Oh yeah, I actually did look up flowers, and I guessed what that arrangement would look like.