The Angel's Flight (4)

Reina: Here's chapter 4, where I show what was happening to Pit while Reiko and Dark Pit go off to find the Reapers.

Chapter 4: Escape

Pit

"Is this the Angel you're talking about?" A gruff voice in front of me asked.

I slowly raised my head up to look at the man in the tall robe that covered his face. Hi seemed familiar to me, but I couldn't pinpoint it. The same applied to the guard behind me, but I had bigger things to worry about at the moment. My body ached, and my arms were bound behind me. A soldier wearing dark blue armor from head to toe held onto my arms tightly.

"Yes, he is," the mirror that had Hades' face declared. "While he's rather scrawny and pathetic looking, Pitty-Pat is quite the troublemaker and warrior."

"All I see," the man in the gruff voice replied, "is a young boy who can't avoid getting captured. He doesn't look like a hero."

I growled, and the soldier behind me kicked my stomach. I wheezed, and Hades laughed. "Take him to the dungeon," he ordered.

The soldier nodded and proceeded to drag my body across the floor. I winced several times when a part of the tile scraped against me. After being dragged down two flights of stairs, I was flung into a cell. My body collided with the wall, breaking my right arm. I cried out in pain as the soldier laughed and left.

I laid like that for a while. I could barely move, and I all I could think about was food, Lady Palutena, Reiko, my dead brother Iaphyx, Pizza, Viridi, and Pittoo. (Not necessarily in that order, but Pittoo was last for sure.)

I sighed. How did I get in this predicament? I want to escape and go back to fighting or talking to my sister. Heck, even getting punched in the face by Pittoo is better than this. Wait, no. Getting punched twenty times by Reiko for asking about her love life was better than being stuck in this cell.

I thought back to Iaphyx. He always knew how to escape. He could escape from a straight-jacket inside of a guarded cell without anyone noticing, and then beat up everyone within a two mile radius of the prison. He could fight in his own without a god. He was unstoppable. Everyone wanted him to work for them, even Lady Palutena herself. With him under anyone's control, their army would be unbreakable. They would win every battle they were up against. It hurt Reiko and myself that everyone ignored us. Iaphyx promised that he would watch over us and help us. He kept this promise up, even after Nyx picked Reiko and Palutena offered me a job.

Iaphyx's willingness to help us got him killed in front of us.

I blinked the tears away. Iaphyx was dead. He couldn't come back. His soul was probably gone, taken away by a monster in the Underworld.

As reality returned to me, I slowly got on my knees, only to fall forward. I groaned and grabbed my head with my left hand.

Wait.

I looked up and stared at my arms. My hands, once bound behind me, were now free. My right arm, however, was still broken. The chains holding my arms had shattered or something like that, and it was probably broke when I was thrown in this cell.

My heart surged slightly with hope. I got on my knees again and slowly stood up. I clutched my right arm, which kept throbbing. Sighing, I ripped a part of my toga and used it to wrap my arm. It didn't fix it, but at least it will hold for now.

Slowly, I got up and wobbled towards the cell door. I shook it, and it opened. I smiled, but it disappeared as fast as it appeared. It seemed really easy to escape, almost as if they wanted me to. That thought alone scared me.

As I left the cell, I slowly trudged forward. I had to get out of here. I needed to escape.

I walked for several minutes, avoiding guards at every step. It seemed to easy. There weren't any guards to be seen. The corridors were empty. It seemed like escape was near.

I should have realized that it was a trap.

The guard from earlier was waiting for me as I entered a high vaulted room with several windows taunting me by showing the outside. His black mask concealed his face, and a black sword was gripped tightly in his right hand.

"Where do you think you're going?" He hissed.

"Home," I spat.

"I don't think so..." He raised his sword at me, and launched himself at me. I sidestepped and landed backwards. I scrambled up as he lunged again, and he missed. Stumbling backwards, I grabbed a nearby vase and chucked it at him. He dodged it with little effort.

"Such a pathetic throw," he taunted. "I can't believe you took the bait for this."

"Bait?"

He laughed as he stalked closer. "My master wanted to see what would happen if we manipulated your surroundings to see if you escaped. It seems that he was right. You would take the bait without being cautious!"

A kick in the ribs sent my flying to the opposite wall. I hit it hard, and slumped down.

The guard laughed again. "Pathetic."

I growled as I slowly picked myself up. I grabbed a shield in front of me, and with careful aim, I spun around and tossed it at the guards head.

"Argh!" His mask came off. I grinned smugly in victory, but that dissipated as soon as I looked at the guard glaring at me.

No way...

As his face processed through my mind, he dashed towards me with an inhuman speed. He fisted my tunic, and lifted me up.

"Well played, Pit. You almost had me there for a second," the guard taunted. "But you're going to have to do better than that."

I teared up as he dragged me away. It wasn't crying because I failed to escape. I wasn't crying because he threw me into the cell by using my broken arm.

I was crying because my dead brother Iaphyx leaned forward through the cell bars and whispered, "I'm going to tell on you, little brother and you're going to ge in so much trouble. I hope that this teaches you a lesson."