The Angel's Flight (1)

Reina: This is my Kid Icarus Story, minus the Author's Notes. I would have put up Warriors of Smash.... But I recently began to rewrite it, so it might be a while before I show off Warriors of Smash - Unless you guys are okay with seeing the version I have at the moment.

But here's the Angel Flight! Or rather, chapter 1, not including Anabiel, Reiko, or Rogue.

Chapter 1: The Captured Angel

Pit

"Come on, Lady Palutena," I begged. "Can I please have a day off?"

Palutena shook her head. "You can't. We need to investigate some things in the human realm. It seems like a new threat of sorts is arising."

I pleaded with her. "I always do stuff like this! We can't Phosphora, Dark Pit, or even Magnus do it? I need a break! I haven't had one in weeks!"

Palutena sighed. "Phosphora refuses to work with me, Dark Pit is too stubborn to do anything, and Magnus can't fly and he doesn't listen to me at all. You're the one I can really on the most." (Reina's note: Plus he's the most expendable!)

"But-"

"Pit..." Palutena said in her scary voice. She glared at me, and I felt her going into the depths of my soul and twisting it around.

I lowered my head. "Yes, Lady Palutena." I turned around and left the room.

Heading towards the weapons room, I literally ran into Dark Pit. He glared at me, and walked off in a huff. I sighed. Dark Pit can be annoying at times, and he kept getting angry with me for no reason at all. I walked into the weapon room and began to get ready for the coming battle.

----

Pit, Palutena asked loudly in my head. Can you hear me?

"You almost destroyed my eardrums," I complained as I flew over the ground.

Don't be so whinny about that, Viridi sighed. Honestly, it's not like we'll let you go deaf.

I felt like tuning Viridi out, but it's nearly impossible, considering that they were goddesses talking to me in my head. So I had to endure her ranting.

Now look for a man that looks like he's leading the troops, Palutena instructed me.

"Gee... I thought that I was going after the person holding ice cream cone," I muttered sarcastically.

That's a stupid comment, Viridi huffed.

"I was being sarcastic!" I yelled as I began to shoot enemies that came to close to me.

Oh. I didn't know that you could be sarcastic, Viridi muttered. Get back to work! At least I'm planning on sending out the Forces of Nature, not being sarcastic to a goddess.

"Okay, okay, I'll get back to work," I replied, defeated. After saying this, I growled. After this, I needed a vacation. Badly.

You don't need a vacation, Palutena and Viridi replied at the same time.

I sighed in defeat. So much for relaxing...

I spotted the landing site and prepared myself for landing. As I landed, a monster popped up. I slashed my bow through him, and he dissipated.

I looked around the area, but I didn't see any other enemy in sight.

"This is weird..." I said. "I don't see any enemies anywhere... Did they run away from me?"

No, Viridi snapped. They aren't here yet.

Or they're on vacation, Palutena added.

"Can we shut up about vacations?" I asked.

... No, was Viridi's response.

Walk forward, Palutena suggested. Maybe the enemies will appear.

Grumbling, I walked forward. After a little bit, something didn't feel right.

I stepped back. Viridi huffed. Scared?

"Something doesn't feel right..." I muttered.

I heard something click, and within a few seconds, a cage shot up from the ground and surrounded me. The bars were electrified, and the space was cramped.

"What? What's happening?" I yelled. I attempted to break the cage, but it failed miserably.

Pit! Palutena yelled. Are you okay?

"No!" I yelled back, frustrated that I couldn't escape the stupid cage.

I heard laughter. I growled. "Medusa."

Hello, Pitty, she said. Good to see you too, Palutena and Viridi.

What is the meaning of this? Palutena demanded.

Oh, she smirked. Nothing much. I just wanted to get the little troublesome angel out of the way so I can conquer the world...

My eyelids began to droop. I realized that Medusa probably casted a spell on me for me to sleep.

"Curse... You... Medusa... H-Help...P-Palu-" I fell down, asleep before I hit the floor.

Reina: Shall I put up chapter 2 of this fic, or show off Warriors of Smash chapter next?

I'll eventually upload this story, but I got to do some more work on The Vampire's Servant and the Dragon Prince before I can potentially upload another story.