The Angel's Flight (2)

Reina: Here's the second chapter of the Angel's Flight! Let me know if you guys like it.

Chapter 2: Reiko, soldier of Nyx

Dark Pit

Palutena was sitting at her table, sighing frequently as she looked out the window. Viridi was sitting there also, calmly sipping her tea. Phosphora wasn't in the room, nor was Arlon. I sat with the two goddesses, but I was too busy listening to Dub step on my iPod.

Viridi snatched my headphones after a few minutes and I glared at her. She gave me a smug look. "We've been trying to talk to you, Pittoo."

I growled. "Don't call me that!"

Viridi ignored me. "I can't believe that we can't find Pit anywhere."

I raised an eyebrow. "You sure about that? Palutena can see almost anything."

Palutena shook her head. "I can't see him... Probably the Reapers interfering with my sight again."

"Go after the Reapers, then," I responded.

Viridi smacked me with a book. "We can't locate them! We said that while you were zoning out, genius!"

I sighed. "Now what?"

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Oh lovely," Viridi muttered with obvious sarcasm. "We have a visitor."

"Dark Pit," Palutena waved but didn't look at me. "Open the door."

"No."

Palutena clenched her fist. "Dark Pit, that is an-"

The doors burst open, and I could only gape. Brown hair, blue eyes, brown sandal-boots, and a white toga.

"Pit?" I asked incredulously.

The figure gave a feminine laugh. "That's funny, Dark Pit."

I sighed. "What do you mean by that?"

The figure nodded. "Ah. I see now..."

Viridi looked annoyed. "See what? And why do you look like Pit?!"

The girl sighed. "Guess I have to introduce myself, Lady Viridi and Lady Palutena..."

The girl twirled around and began to do karate poses as she spoke. "I am Reiko, servant of the goddess Nyx, commander of the Shadow Warriors, defender of justice, daughter of Amelia of Earth, and Pit's younger twin sister!"

We all blinked. I was the first to say something after a few minutes.

"Pit... Has a sister? How come I didn't know about you?"

Reiko relaxed. "Pit told me that he got stressed and picked on frequently, so he didn't want me to suffer as much as he did."

"He doesn't suffer," Palutena replied.

Reiko looked unconvinced. "Hm. I have letters that state otherwise."

Viridi waved her hand. "Whatever. Where have you been these past few months?"

Reiko frowned. "Uh, I work for Nyx."

Palutena tapped her fingers on the table. "Nyx... As in the goddess of night and dreams?"

Reiko nodded.

Palutena smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Reiko."

"It's an honor, milady."

"Who's Amelia?" I asked. "And what are the Shadow Warriors? And how come I never see you?" I didn't trust this Reiko character. She acted... a lot like Pit. A lot. And that unnerved me a lot. If they had the same interests, then I might as well be with Pit again...

Reiko sighed. "One question at a time. And where is my brother? He's too old for hide and seek... Is he planning something, like a jump scare for me? Or did he oversleep?"

"He's... Busy," Palutena interjected quickly.

Reiko narrowed her eyes. "Busy with what?"

Viridi tried to help. "He has things to do."

"Like what?" Reiko crossed her arms and began to glare at us. Not being able to take it anymore, I decided to tell her the truth, but that was so that I could listen to music and not deal with Pit's duplicate*.

"He's been kidnapped."

Reiko's eyes suddenly seemed shattered. Her wings fluttered nervously as tears streamed down her face and her body began to shake.

"H-He's g-go-gone?"

Palutena nodded suddenly. "I'm sor-"

Reiko burst into tears and dashed past us into the hall. After a few seconds, we heard a door slam.

"Nice going, Pittoo," Viridi muttered.

"She would have found out eventually," I snapped back. Reiko had ruined the mood with her sadness, as Viridi began to argue with me.

"Stop it. Both of you," Palutena commanded.

We stopped and looked at her.

Palutena seemed a bit relieved. "I think I know how to find Pit."

"How?" We both asked.

"Nyx has a habit of seeing through things that I can't, and has an extensive knowledge of the human world."

"Then go talk to her," I replied.

"But we don't get along with Nyx. I don't even know when I last spoke to her," Viridi commented.

"True..."

I stood up. "I'll talk to Reiko. Maybe she can be our spokesperson for Nyx."

"Great idea," Palutena replied.

I nodded and walked towards the hallway. But I wasn't doing this for Palutena. Or Viridi. I was doing this so I could learn more about Reiko. She was an interesting person, but I doubt that she told us everything, despite her introduction. And maybe I wanted to save Pit, because if he died, then I died.

But the main reason for doing this was to figure out why, with all of his faults and annoyingness, Pit had not bothered to mention his little sister.

Reina: If I were to upload this, would like to see the chapter with Anabiel? But that's... Chapter 5 or 6.... Or 4. I have to check.

Also: Reiko means "Lovely child" and Anabiel is the angel of insanity or craziness. Or something like that....