Shattered Cyberspace (2)

Reina: Here's another part of Shattered Cyberspace, as requested by Steampowered_Dragon

Chapter 2: Cyber: Hyrule

Link

After traveling at high speeds through different cyber wires and data, my body reformed and I proceeded to fall face first into the ground. Apparently, pain was very real here. Which is also dangerous, because there is always a chance that I would die a horrible death and never return to Hyrule.

I slowly got up, expecting to hear Impa's voice, commanding me to pull my sword out. When I didn't, I grabbed my sword and surveyed my surroundings.

There was... Nothing. It looked black, and the floor was dark grey. But there were green numbers zooming above my head in multiple directions. The floor went out as far as the eye could see.

I examined my clothes. They were like my normal ones, but they were black with green outlines. I had a sword with a black hilt, and the blade itself glowed green. The shield was all green, and my bow was black.

Why this? I asked myself. I look weird...

I began to wander around for a little bit, but I couldn't find anything. After what seemed like hours, I sat down, frustrated.

What now?

I slowly closed my eyes and sighed. Opening them, I blinked. Off in the distance, there seemed to be a building. Grinning, I stood up and dashed off towards the building.

When I was halfway there, I heard a some ringing. Stopping, I looked to my left.

A virtual screen appeared. A person in a black hood was on there, and I couldn't tell what gender they are. Their voice was digital, and sound like two people- a male and a female, speaking in unison.

"Warning: Anyone who travels past the ruins has broken the cyber law and shall be dealt with swiftly. Repeat: Anyone who travels past the ruins will be executed upon sight. If you refuse to return now, then you shall be murdered by Cyber Fabulous, and there is nothing that can do about it. You brought that upon yourself."

A slight pause. Then the figure began to speak again.

"If anyone knows about the whereabouts of the Legendary Cyber Hero, you must come before me. He is dangerous to approach, and he shall be dealt with accordingly. Failure to do so will result in death and your powers will be confiscated. Cyber Loki out."

The screen went blurry, and Cyber Loki disappeared. I frowned. Who was Cyber Fabulous? And what did they mean by Cyber Hero was theirs? And who was Cyber Hero?

I looked at my hand, and my eyes widened. On a wristband that I didn't notice before read the words 'Cyber Hero'.

Great. I'm wanted by a unknown person. But why? All I did was appear here to stop Demise- do they work for Demise, or did they want to ally themselves with me? Who else is here? Are they on my side, or are the against me?

Sighing, I looked towards the building ahead of me and ran to it, thinking that I would be fine.

After a few hours, I finally reached the building. Panting, I bent over to catch my breath. Man. The Cyber world was big and takes as much energy to run as Hyrule...

Looking up, I saw a sign reading, "Cyber: Hyrule welcomes you".

I blinked. Cyber Hyrule? Someone built a Cyber Hyrule? Why? They could have built their own place and named it after themselves...

The building was a gate, and it was open. Pulling my sword out, I slowly entered the complex, and entered a digital version of Hyrule Castle Town, sans the crowds. In fact, it was empty.

"Hello?" I asked.

I heard a growl. Data fell from the sky and formed together, creating monsters of all sorts. I gripped the sword tighter, and proceeded to slash and hack my way through the monsters. As I destroyed some monsters, more of them took their place. I got super frustrated because this seemed endless. But I found that the more monsters I kill in one strike, the longer it takes for them to reappear.

After there weren't many monsters left, I saw a generator nearby. Dashing towards it, I swung my sword in an arc and brought it down. The generator was cut clean in two, and the monsters dissipated.

I took a deep breath in and exhaled, but then my body collapsed. The running and fighting took a toll and my body, and I didn't feel like moving.

Maybe a short nap wouldn't hurt... I thought to myself as I closed my eyes.