The Angel's Flight (6)

Reina: This is the last chapter I have on The Angel's Flight at the moment.

Chapter 6: Aurum Spider

Reiko

"This is going to be fun," Anabiel declared after doing a quick survey of the enemy. She reloaded her gun and stood at the ready position, eager to engage with the enemy.

"Are you crazy?" I yelled. "There's a thousand enemies out there!"

"I probably am crazy," Anabiel admitted. "But I'm still doing this."

"We have a high chance of dying!" Dark Pit added.

"No we won't. Reiko can take 400 of them out, and I'll deal with the other 600."

"What about me?" Dark Pit asked.

"You don't give a damn about anything, baka." She nodded to me. "Jump!" She ran to the edge of the island and jumped off, flying towards the fray. I nodded and took off after her. We circled the air above the enemies for a second, then we descended down on them, creating a storm of bullets and projectiles. Several enemies were taken down, but several others began to pursue us. I fly up to avoid them, and Anabiel shot all of them down. I glanced at her as I flew down at her and flew back into the fray.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked. "You wanted to kill me a second ago."

"Consider it a debt repaid for not killing me on the spot earlier," she replied. "And actually, I wanted to kill you four minutes ago."

"Why the change of heart?"

She grimaced. "If you die, I die."

Before I could ask how she quickly changed her mind, more enemies flew in our direction. We slashed and shot our way through them, diminishing their numbers significantly. They were rather weak, and within five minutes, they were all gone.

"That was easy," I declared as we landed on a nearby island, which was a jungle.

"Too easy," Anabiel muttered as she brushed some dirt off of her. "They were insta-kills. Enemies should not be knocked out like dominoes... Unless..."

I waited for her to continue. Before she could, the ground began to shake violently, toppling us over.

"What the hell?" Anabiel yelled as she jumped on her feet. I got up as well, and froze in shock at the monster before us.

"What is that?" Anabiel asked.

It was a giant spider. It was humongous, easily taller than Palutena. Green lines ran up and down its legs, and it had green eyes as well. It's pinchers were jagged, and the body was white.

"An Aurum spider?" I exclaimed.

"What's Aurum?" Anabiel asked.

I grimaced. "The Aurum was a race of aliens that attempted to destroy the Earth. They harvested portions of it to create more soldiers, and were really great at stealing enemy ideas."

"Whatever happened to them?"

"Pit defeated the majority of them with Hades and Viridi. The rest were exiled to other end of the galaxy," I explained briefly. "There's more to the story, but not enough time to tell it."

Anabiel scoffed. "Apparent Idiot Spider here didn't get the memo."

The Spider took offense to that, and launched itself at us. We both rolled to the side and began to shoot at it. It recoiled and jumped away. It began to charge a laser from its eyes, but Anabiel kneeled down and aimed at it with her scope. Pulling the trigger, she shot it, destroying one of the eyes and stopping the laser. Enraged, the spider dashed over to her and knocked her down. Before it could crush her with a leg, a blur of black dashed by, taking the leg out and unbalancing the spider. Anabiel noticed this and got up, taking out another leg by swinging her rifle at it. She then flew over the spider and landed next to me. Dark Pit then joined us.

"What took you so long?" I asked.

Dark Pit glared at Anabiel. "I refuse to be considered weak." She smirked at Dark Pit, and that didn't seem to help matters.

"I destroyed the enemies you left behind," he warned.

"Those were wimps," she retorted haughtily.

"They were headed to the human world!"

"The humans could have dealt with them."

As they began to argue, the Spider fired a laser at us. I dodged it and lunged at it, taking out another leg. I grinned when I landed, and continued to dodge the now unstable spider.

Dark Pit noticed this and aimed his staff at the spider. His shots hit the spider on the back, and it began to sway dangerously.

"Yay!" I cheered.

"REIKO!" Anabiel screeched.

I looked up, only to be knocked back by the spider. I landed close to the edge of the island, and my vision began to sway. I attempted to get up, but I blacked out before I could do so.

Anabiel

I glared at Dark Pit as he returned to the island with Reiko in his arms. The Aurum Spider had been defeated, but it was nearly at the cost of Reiko's life. When she was hit by the spider, she had been knocked out and fell off the island. Dark Pit ran after her and caught her while I finished off the spider. I wasn't exactly pleased with Dark Pit's actions, as Reiko could have easily taken out another leg and end the spider right then and there.

"You nearly killed her."

Dark Pit glared at me. "So?"

"We both could of died, you stupid idiot!"

Dark Pit sighed. "Look, I'm sorry. I know that I had bad judgement, but right now we need Reiko to wake up."

"Take her to Palutena," I replied as I started to walk off.

"Palutena isn't listening to us. All connections with the gods have been cut off."

I stopped in my tracks. I had forgotten about that. If that was the case, we were screwed.

"Little sis..." A voice whispered in my ear.

I touched the earpiece that rested in my ear. "What is it, Rouge?" I snapped in annoyance.

"Why don't you take Rei to me? I could heal her, and help you as well," he offered.

"Yeah right," I replied.

"All contact with the gods is gone, Ana. The only way we can stop this is to band together."

"Give me one good reason why I should listen to you," I hissed. Dark Pit looked at me, and seemed to hold Reiko closer to him.

Rogue thought this over. "How about I explain what is going on? I happen to know a lot about this situation."

I couldn't argue with that logic. "Fine. But no funny business."

"Of course not," he replied before he cut the connection. I sighed and looked at Dark Pit. "I know someone who can help us."

"Who is it?" Dark Pit asked as he approached me.

I grimaced. "Our older brother Rogue."