Let's Play Together Forever and Ever (2)

Part 2: The Nightmare Hell

Luka

I looked to my left. A rotting skeleton covered in blood loomed towards us. Its damaged arm was outstretched, grasping at the air. I stifled a scream as I stumbled backwards. Gumi and I had to get away from here now. But how? Our exit was blocked, and the skeleton is going to chase us.

Gumi fisted my shirt and bolted suddenly, dragging me with her on her back. I struggled for a second, planning to run on my own, but it only tightened Gumi's grip.

"We have to stay together!" She insisted. "It's the only way!"

Eventually, Gumi's grip loosened, allowing for my sprinting feet to hit the dirt. We ran forward, until we found the food stand. Gumi and I dove behind it, stilling our breaths.

After a few quiet seconds, we heard voices from nearby. They sounded human, but we didn't recognize the voices. We began to listen to what they said.

"James!" A young woman yelled. "We have to leave!"

"I'm coming!" A male yelled.

I slowly peeked my head out from the top of the stand. A young couple was running away from one of the tents. They were panicking and screaming. Unfortunately, they were running towards the skeleton, whom was hiding behind another tent.

The moment that the couple dashed by the tent, the skeleton struck. It tripped them, sending them sprawling to the ground. They scrambled to get up, but the blade that the skeleton had procured already stabbed the male in the back. The woman screamed, but was silenced by the blade a second later.

I ducked my head down and turned to face Gumi. The look on her face told me everything. She had also seen what had happened. I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes. I wanted to get out of here alive.

Gumi shook my shoulder, and my eyes snapped open. Slowly, we crept away from the stand and once we were far enough, we broke into a run. We ran forward until a pair of hands grabbed us and yanked us backwards. We screamed, but we were shushed and thrown into a backroom.

"What-" I began before a finger was gently placed on my lips.

"Don't say a word," a deep voice whispered. I looked up to see a man with purple hair and purple eyes staring back. He wore a tight black jumpsuit, with black fingerless gloves. A gold chain was wrapped around his left leg, with one end attached to a cuff on his foot and the other attached to a loop on his hip. "Stay still," he whispered.

I slowly nodded as man moved away. A minute later, another guy was thrown into our cell as the door closed. He had blue hair and blue eyes. He looked about as scared as we were.

Before he could ask what was happening, the man who saved us began to yell.

"Nightmare! What are you doing here?"

"Master's orders," a voice rasped.

"Which were...?" The man asked.

"To find the trespassers and make them pay..."

"Didn't the Master also declare that you're not supposed to bother the performers when they're preparing for the show? I have a performance in two days and I must get ready."

The Nightmare growled. "I saw three trespassers run by. Two of them female, one male. Hand them over, Gakupo."

Gakupo scoffed. "Why would I hide the trespassers? They are of no value to me. In fact, I'll prove this to you."

We heard footsteps approaching the door. It was flung open, with Gakupo crossing his arms and another Nightmare standing there. The Nightmare had a dead eye, a scarred face, and was dressed like a pirate. It scanned the room, looking for us. I saw its eyes pass over the three of us, and I froze.