Violet Valentine

The Remnants got off their fenrirs and started walking to the lifestream, although, they had a little trouble. The bag that Loz had on his back was moving and screaming. 

"Kadaj, how long do we have to put up with this thing?" 

"As soon as we're done with that man," Kadaj replied. Loz carefully put the bag on the dirt-filled ground and opened it. In it was Vincent Valentine's own daughter, Violet. Her hair black and eyes like blood, just like her father. Her mother was kept a secret by her and everyone, other than Vincent. She was only one year old and, that being said, was crying uncontrollably while Loz picked her up.

"I wonder how Mother was able to deal with the three of us when we were like this," he said thoughtfully.

"Loz, please stop getting distracted and focus on the task, it may help us find Mother," Yazoo said in his normal graceful and stoic voice. 

"Shhhh!" Kadaj whispered. " He's here." A few long seconds of silence followed after that. All three remnants grabbed their weapons quietly and carefully, Loz putting Violet in his arms and held her closely. And out of nowhere, a flash of red came out of the glowing trees and bullets started shooting everywhere. All three brothers struggled to get their target. 

"Loz, get it out of here, hurry!!" Kadaj screamed. Loz followed his order and ran down a path as fast as he could. As the two other remnants kept shooting at the large red cloth, Vincent whized down to the brothers and knocked them unconscious. 

Meanwhile, Loz kept running with the wailing toddler in his arms. As he was running, a shadow swooned over him and seconds later a man landed on the ground heavily, with a small pool of dirt flying at his pointed metal boots. Loz pointed his gun at the red cloaked man. 

"Give me the child back, she's not a part of this," he said in a gruff, obviously angry voice.

" Not until you tell us where Mother is," Loz said in a slightly shaky voice. Then Vincent took a lunge at the large, tall man.  But Loz was fast enough to shoot the raven-haired man's shoulder. However, Vincent had enough willpower to push the arm to punch the last remnant unconscious as well. Vincent grabbed his daughter from Loz's arms before he fell to the ground. As the crying infant looked up at her father, she started to calm down and hug him tightly. Vincent winced in pain from the bullet wound in his shoulder that Violet was clutching.

"It's okay now, I'm here," he said as he patted her head. And with that, he turned around and walked out of the woods with his little girl.

END