"Please Understand"

(His point of view)

"Daegan! What the hel are you doing here?!" I shout before moving protectively to my angel's side. I allow my eyes to stay locked on his kneeling figure, awaiting a response. But before he has a chance to reply, it is Link who suddenly steps forward, moving to stand just in front of us both.

"It was my doing, Brother. I was merely following my orders, for I was instructed to release him." What?!

"On whose authority?" Christine asks in a demanding tone. His eyes flicker in my direction before returning to hers.

"Adrielle's," he states plainly. What the bloody hel?!

"Why in the hel would she want him released after what he has done?" I all but roar. But Link remains composed as he brings a hand up to my shoulder before gently resting it there.

"Loki, please listen. Adrielle said that we would need every last man. And he is by far the best warrior we have, apart from you and myself. We need every able bodied soldier if we are to win this war." I hear as my Beloved huffs out in frustration before turning to look at me. Her expression tells me that she is torn and unsure of what is taking place. But then, she returns her gaze to her brother before beginning to speak.

"My angelic Mother is the one responsible for his release from prison. Why....why would she decide upon such a thing?"

I ponder her question whilst turning my gaze down to my lost brother. He is still bowing down on one knee with his eyes glued to the ground. If Adrielle ordered this, then who am I to reject her request? I may be King, but she knows far more than I do. Perhaps she sees something more coming of this. And she would never steer me wrong. But I do not like the idea of having him out walking freely again. Not after his horrid actions.....

I sigh......

It seems that I have no choice....if our guardian has demanded it....then my hands are tied......

"Perhaps she has seen something that we simply cannot at present. If she was willing to have him set free, then there must have been a good reason for it." She turns to eye me. I see her brow creasing with contemplation upon hearing my statement.

"You are not angry?" she asks. I study her facial expression for a slight moment before turning to look back at the man I once called my dearest friend. 

"I will not say that I am overly fond of this idea, but I cannot go against her. If this is her doing, then I will honor it by allowing for him to stay and fight." As soon as my words die off, his head flies up in my direction before he moves to stand. As he does, I can clearly see the widened shock in his large brown eyes. He offers me a slight smile, and I see it there in the faint lines around his mouth. I see the man that was once my closest confidant. My brother in arms. My friend.....