At Last

(Her point of view)

I cannot believe it.....I cannot believe it......

I am panting lightly as I feel the presence of the Priest move to stand just behind us. Mother comes to stand at my right whilst my Father moves to stand on Loki's left. They each bare our precious crowns.

"Do you, Prince Loki and Princess Christine of Medina, swear to uphold the sacred laws of this land? Do you swear to bring happiness and unity to your people? Do you swear to offer justice and equality to all that dwell within and swear to always be willing to listen and offer a lending hand to any in distress? Do you swear to commit your undying love and kindness of spirit to those whom deem you their mighty rulers? And do you swear to help one another in your reign? To lean on one another for support and to remain as one in your time on the throne?" I turn and look to my Prince. He is staring right back at me.

"I swear," I reply.

"I swear," he repeats.

"Then, by the power vested in me by the Gods above and the great abiding love of our land, I now pronounce you husband and wife, King and Queen of Medina."

I close my eyes. Tears gush down my cheeks. I am reeling as my Mother places the crown down upon my head. Its weight is nothing short of exuberant and sanctifying. I allow its presence to settle upon my body. This is the moment that I have prayed for my entire life. This is the moment that we have longed for, that we have so treacherously yearned for more than any other. The moment when we have finally been proclaimed as one. I am truly HIS Queen! I am HIS wife! Oh my gods! How can I bare such a wondrous state of delirium? Such a moment of mirth and elation?!

The crowd breaks into a triumphant era of applause but are shushed as I open my eyes. Mother and Father are standing just down in front of us, both crying with happiness as they hold onto one another. I feel a hand on my shoulder from behind, sending for me to turn. As I do, I find that the priest has moved to stand directly against our backs. But my eyes are stopped upon finding my Love, standing tall and noble with his magnificent crown resting so gloriously atop his head. My breathing hitches in my throat upon taking in this most enchanting sight. How is this real?!

"Loki," I barely hear the Priest say. I feel my handsome King turn and look at the him from over his shoulder.

"You may now kiss your bride, for she is yours." Oh my gods! Yes! I am truly his!

My Love turns to face me as I do the same. His smile is filled with jubilation and promise as he peers down at me through his silent tears.
He grabs my face in the most tender and affectionate manner before our lips are once again reunited. I can no longer hold myself back from him. I fling my arms around his neck in a playful state of desperation, pulling him in closer to my mouth. As I do, the crowd erupts in another drowning round of applause. I lose myself once again, marveling in the feel of his lips upon mine. Loki....My King...My husband!

The Priest clears his throat, causing us to halt in our affections. I feel myself blushing a burning splay of deep pink, giggling quietly as I force my arms to unweave from around his neck. He is chortling at my reaction as he offers me his arm once again. I take it before looking back to the Priest. He nods to us through his slight chuckling, gesturing for us to turn back and face the audience yet again.

"My good people! May I present to you your new reigning King and Queen of Medina. Their Majesties, King Loki and Queen Christine!" I cannot help but laugh, feeling the unexplainable vivacity and merriment practically pouring out of every pore within my body. But then, I am rendered positively speechless as everyone stands to their feet only to kneel down on one knee. I tighten my grasp on Loki's arm, resting my other hand over my heart, aiming to somehow will it to cease in its thundering rhythm. Oh my gods......this is truly all too much!