Fire and Ice

(Her point of view)

The air is warm and fragrant as we walk amongst the many flowers that litter the gardens. I cling to his hand, smiling widely as my fingers graze the tender petals of an overly large pink rose. I lean down and inhale its perfume, closing my eyes to further appreciate its heavenly scent. The sun has allowed for each of its petals to practically glow beneath its rays. As I take a single step forward, I am basked in its heat. My wings flitter slightly, spreading their feathers in appreciation of the Spring light. The sun reflects from their white, almost causing them to become impossible to look at. They are blinding in their majestic snow, white shade. I proudly flex my muscles, allowing for them to stretch out further, relishing in the marvelous golden beams.

Mother and Father are walking just ahead of us, hand in hand. We have just left the throne room, where we each shared our stories of all that had happened in Jotunheim. It had taken a lot longer than I had hoped, as it is now almost late afternoon. Mother and Father had asked Loki and myself to take a short stroll with them just to spend a little more time with us. Normally, I would have been more than willing to do this. But this time, I cursed under my breath. Despite the fact that I do not feel tired in the least, Loki only seemed to wane more as our little gathering went on. Upon arriving, I was hungry for him. But as the moments passed on as we sat at the table drinking our tea, I noticed his eyelids drooping. He had shared his part of the happenings first, then fell completely silent as Link and myself told ours. I felt sorry for him, as I have no idea when he last slept. I should have known the stress of all that occurred would take its toll on him. This left me only wanting nothing more than anything to take him back to my chambers so that he could sleep. But as Mother asked us to walk with them, he nodded politely without speaking a word of hesitation.

"The sun feels incredible, doesn't it?" I ask, relishing in its warmth over my shoulders. He chuckles in an odd sort of tone before slowing our leisurely pace.

"Strange," he mumbles. I turn to face him, pondering his comment.

"The day you were stolen, the sun hid behind the clouds. It did not shine a single time in your absence. The skies remained dark and bleak, summoning large storms almost constantly. It is as though the very land mourned your absence as much as we did." I feel my brow creasing. How strange indeed....

"But according to readings from my youth, angels can have a great affect on the world they are birthed from." I turn to look at him, studying his face with an intrigued manner.

"Yes. It would seem that it is more accurate than I ever thought. I did not even realize until now that the reasons behind this unusual weather were no doubt from your absence. I suspected it but never truly thought it could be possible. I thought that perhaps it was just an unusual coincidence. I see now that this was so very wrong." I feel my eyes narrowing at him in wonder, but I remain silent as he opens his mouth to continue speaking.

"The sun never shown because it mourned the taking of its angel. The entire land mourned for you. But none, I daresay, as much as I did." His voice takes on a low and almost strained tone as he says this last sentence. Oh, Loki.....if you only knew how I mourned you as well....

His eyes lock with mine, and I feel it. That overpowering tug that only he can wrap around my heart. He stares at me as if I am the very center of his universe. And a look of...starvation. But not in regards to food. No, a different hunger is there behind those mysterious green orbs. Dare I presume to think that this hunger is for...me?