Our Joy

(Her point of view)- Two Months Later...

I cannot imagine life getting any better than this. I know that I have said this so many times before, but it is so true. I am beyond ecstatic to be carrying my Love's child. It feels incredible to know that I have a part of him growing inside of me. Something that we created together.

Time has gone by rather quickly. We shared our news of joy with our family first before announcing it to all the land at a celebratory feast only three nights after. The only detail that we left out was that we already know what the sex of the baby shall be. My Love and I decided that we wanted it to be a surprise for everyone. It is going to be our little secret. It was perfect timing that Thor, Sif, and The Warriors Three happened to be there to share in our jubilant occasion. I laughed out loud at my darling brother-in-law's reaction upon hearing that he was to have a new niece or nephew. He became almost as ecstatic as Loki or myself and could not wait to return to Asgard to share the news with Odin. I informed him of my promise to his dear Father that Loki and I would bring the child to see them shortly after it was born. And just before the five of them left to return home, he kindly reminded me of my oath. I giggled before hugging his neck, swearing that we would bring the child to visit them as soon as possible.

The whole of the kingdom has rejoiced and gloated over learning of our precious child's coming. I am so very overjoyed, but I think Loki is happiest of all. He is positively beaming all of the time. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined him to be so constantly cheerful. Especially right after I had first met him. But he has astounded me by doing nothing but smiling endlessly and laughing so very often. It makes my heart all the lighter upon witnessing him in such a exultant mood. What is even more thrilling is that it seems that his merriment has become quite contagious. The whole of the palace mirrors his attitude. Everyone, servant and ruler, are smiling day in and day out. I swear it has even affected the villagers from other lands. For each and every time I go on rounds and see my beloved people, they are somehow even more endearing and delightful. They gloat over me so that I almost feel a little embarrassed, but I am more than grateful for their affections.

Next to myself and my beloved King, Kendha, Link, and my parents are the next happiest in line. They have done nothing but speak of how excited they all are. Even little Christiana squealed with laughter upon hearing that she would soon have a new cousin to play with. On the very same day that we shared our news with my family, I asked for Loki to take me to the temple so that I could spread our happiness with my angelic Mother and my little Rehema. I knew that they were already aware of my condition, but something about speaking to them of it made it even more special and real to me. And, of course, the two of them marveled and cheered from hearing our grand news.

My Queen mother and darling sister, Kendha, have already taken to helping me choose names. And Loki has thrown himself into nursery planning. He was adamant upon having the far east wall of my room knocked down to expand and make for a special area just for our precious little one. And of course, I had no choice but to side with him. Upon hearing this news, Kendha went into an all-out excited frenzy, babbling out all sorts of different options of décor and colors for the new addition. As a matter of fact, the builders are scheduled to begin working on our baby's room next week. I do not have to lift a finger, other than to choose the colors that I would like to use for painting the walls and the bedding for the crib. I already knew which shades I desired. Lavender and sage green. Soft, soothing, and delicate. Perfect for a princess in the making. But once the basic layouts are finished, my mother and sister will no longer be allowed in to the room, as seeing the freshly painted walls would give away that it is a girl.

In spite of all the uproar of our immense joy, there still lingers two small stitches in mine and Loki's sides. One, what to do about Zena's imprisonment. She has remained in her cell but has done well with her conduct and has caused no trouble for the guards. I have yet to go and see her as I have no desire to ever lay eyes upon her again. But I know that the time shall come when I must pay a visit and give her the final decision on what is to happen to her. With me now being Queen, the only one to whom I must run my conclusion by is my dear husband. And I know that he shall side with me no matter what course of action I choose to take. I just cannot honestly decide what to do with her. I hate to admit that I would rather leave her in the cell to rot, but the stinging pain in my heart tells me that this is not what a proper Queen would do. Loki most confidently states that he wishes her to stay just where she is. But I have found myself wanting to gather more information from her before making a final decision. Perhaps it is my willingness to forgive others, or perhaps it is because I feel as though there is a deeper reason for the way that she behaved as such. I cannot tell. I shudder at the thought that maybe she poses as a prostitute because she never received the love of a father figure in her childhood years. It pains me to imagine this, but it would certainly explain some of her actions. In all honesty, up until the incident, I honestly took kindly to Zena. I did not agree with her lifestyle, but I always found her pleasant in company and easy to talk to. I know that I need to decide something soon though. I cannot leave her down in that cell for much longer without any answers as to what will come of her fate. Even though Loki implores that she can waste away to nothing with her worry for all he cares.