Concerned

(His point of view)- Two Months Later....

Time has moved on rather swiftly. Each morning arrives, thus bringing all the more highly anticipated arrival of our most cherished daughter closer.

Christine has done marvelously with her pregnancy. In the beginning of course, her symptoms were horrid. But she has continued to improve in all areas, including her temporary mood changes. She is not so easily irritated by more miniscule things. Each day, her glowing form seems to grow in its astounding light. She wears the look of an expecting mother so very well. And knowing that she is to be the mother of my own child makes it even more incredible to witness.

Now that she is close to five months along, her beautiful belly shows quite well. And with her distance into the pregnancy, she has marveled wonderfully at the ability to be able to feel the infant's movements within her womb. In fact, the first time she claimed to have felt her, we were lying beneath our tree. I was reading aloud to her as her head lay across my lap. She had remained silent for such a lengthy period of time that I assumed she had drifted off to sleep. But she startled me as she flew upward into a sitting position, gasping and squealing with delight. I shall never forget the words that she spoke for as long as I live.

"LOKI! I CAN FEEL HER!"

I can easily remember the feel of my eyes widening in awe as she took my hand and pressed it against her belly. And in only a matter of seconds, I felt the most miraculous flicker beneath my touch. It felt as if someone was tapping against my open palm with their persistent fingertips. I distinctly recall tears of the utmost joy filling my eyes as I relished in the surreal movements of something that I had actually helped create. I had helped bring form to this most remarkable being that could actually move and shift, that was so very alive and real. Just as real as my Beloved or myself. I could not help but allow myself to be consumed by the enlightening moment, as it somehow all became more of a reality. And I remembered Christine speaking of how, once she felt Rehema move within her for the first time, that was when she fell completely in love with her. I already loved this darling infant more than words could describe. But in that singular moment in time, I felt my heart somehow expand. Growing and widening with even more indescribable love and worship.

Since that exuberant moment, my Queen has somehow grown even more mesmerizing in her child-baring state. She is an absolute vision of perfection in her delicate form. I find myself almost stunned from the fact that her pregnant aura causes my longing for her to only deepen. And as Branye had warned me not long ago, my Beloved's appetite for sexual encounters has increased even more. Once again, due to hormones. I still do not quite understand the entire nature of this, but I will most certainly not complain. My Queen was already one for intimate relation but now I daresay that she is going to bleed my dry. Every morning, she rises with the dawn, pleading in the most carnal of tones for me to take her. And each night, as the moon lulls over the ocean's shimmering glass, she phases into a prowess. Hungry and totally famished. Throwing herself at me as if I am her last chance at life itself. Our already heavenly love has grown so much that I honestly do not understand how it keeps escalating, but it does.

The only negative thought that threatens my joy is my concern over my angel as she bares a child that is half Jotun. Whilst Dr. Lomberan feels quite confident that this shall not pose as a substantial problem in her later trimester, he has stated that there is a slight chance that her final weeks may be difficult. And the birth is more than likely to be excruciatingly painful, due to the fact that Jotun infants tend to be rather large. Much larger than the average Medinian newborn. But my brave and headstrong Queen is determined that she will deliver without any complication. She is so confident in herself, so ready to mother our child. I so hope that her strong will shall be able to push for her to make it through, to give her the striving motivation to bare my child. At first, I was swarmed with guilt upon hearing that the Jotun blood from my being would only cause her more suffering. But over time, and with Christine's persistent words of comfort, I came to let go of my smothering self-resentment.