Bound To Die

(His point of view)

A horrendous clash splits into my ears as our front line charges with theirs. I plow easily enough through them, starving for his blood. He roars as he aims his spears both in my direction. I dodge them easily by creating a likeness of myself. I almost laugh as his weapons pierce through my ghost-like twin before it disappears entirely. He snarls in fury, realizing that he has not injured the real me.

"DO NOT PLAY ME FOR A FOOL, LOKI!"

I cackle at his rage, lunging at him. Our weapons clash. The impact of their meeting ripples through the air. We shove against each other, pushing ourselves apart before immediately swinging our weapons at each other's faces. My adrenaline is spiking, thus only making me feel more alive and dangerous. A spear whispers by my cheek but does not touch my skin. I grin at him before launching myself into the air and kick him hard in his chest. He staggers back, growling in frustration. Even though he is a substantial size larger than me, this only causes him to be slower in his motions. He clearly has difficulty keeping up with my quickened pace. I raise my sword, holding it out in front of me as two more likenesses fall in line on either side of me. He glares at the three of us, straightening his shoulders.

"So you aim to kill me using your magic tricks, is that it? You are not man enough to defeat me with strength alone?" He sneers, grinning at me with malicious hatred. He is attempting to play mind tricks, but he has forgotten that I am that the God of all mischief. I could never fall for something so pathetically dimwitted such as his lame statement.

I rear my head back, taunting him with my howls of laughter.

"Oh, no, Helblindi. I am by far more of a warrior than you are and even more a man. For no man could ever do what you did to Christine." His smug grin disappears into a loathing glower.

"Only a demon from the most foul pits of Hel could commit such a sin, and that is exactly where I aim to send you on this day," I hiss, taking a step closer to him. He stands his ground, deepening his look of loathing all the more.

"Yes, you are right," he replies, barring his teeth. "I am a monster, but know this, Brother." He takes a step closer to me, holding up the spear in his right hand. But as my eyes quickly move over to his left, I see that the other hand has returned to normal, no longer being transformed into a weapon of ice. 

"I may be a demon of sorts, as you put it. But even demons may have the luxury of certain delicacies." I remain composed, staring at him with no emotion. What is he getting at?

He brings his hand over in front of his chest, splaying his palm against his heartless chest. And there, on his smallest finger, is her ring. The precious jewel that symbolizes my love for her. My undying loyalty, that she once consented to belong to me. For all eternity.

My hand digs around the hilt of my sword. I hiss like a venomous snake, feeling my blood turning to ice. That son of a bitch!

"I see that you have noticed my newest, most prized possession. I happened to notice that she was wearing this on the first night of our intimacy." I lunge at him, thundering in rage as I fail in attempts to pierce his chest. He laughs, moving to the side.

"You see, once we were finished with our first exemplary affair, I happened to notice this extraordinary jewel glimmering upon her finger. I could not help but be taken with it, as it is such a rare find. I knew that she would no longer have need of it, as she was mine. So, I took it. I took it just as easily as I took her!" I feel hot tears scalding my face as I let out an uncontrollable cry of pain, swinging at him again. This time, I catch the skin over his left bicep, but he barely flinches. Blood begins trickling down his arm as he looks down at the wound. My reflexes are blurred by my anger, slowing them down. This allows for him to catch me off guard with a powerful blow to my face, knocking me on my back. I quickly return to my feet, but I stumble a bit as I aim to regain my balance.