One Final Gift

(Her point of view)

I am still lying flat on my back, feeling awkward and completely exposed. I have had several full body exams before, and I know that he must do this in order to figure out what might be wrong with me. Still, I have never gotten used to having a vaginal exam. It feels so strange and a tad unnerving. I am now prepped, undressed completely from my waist down with my legs up in stirrups. I do not like this position at all and am wishing now that I had argued for Loki to be able to stay in here with me. Still I am grateful that
Branye stands up by my head, holding my hand as she attempts to distract me from my discomfort.

"Do not worry, Darling," she whispers in my ear. "You will be just fine. We will get you better, yet." I cannot help but smile up at her, feeling all the more grateful for her loving heart. She grazes an open palm over my forehead, pushing away my damp hair.

"Your fever is still present, but it does feel as though it is declining."

I go to reply but am stopped as I feel his presence nearing my feminine area.

"Alright, Your Highness. You are familiar with how these exams go, but I always prefer walking my patients through them anyhow. So, now you are going to feel me touch you here."

I feel a hand lightly touch the inside of my thigh. I twitch from the dolorous sensation but quickly recompose myself.

"Now you are going to feel some pressure, but you should feel no pain," he explains. "I am just inserting the instrument called a speculum. Remember that it will allow for me to clearly view your cervix."

"Yes....A....alright," I mutter in a strained tone. Then, I feel something cool and hard slide inside of me, but it is just as he said. I feel no pain. Just an odd sort of pressure. Branye is wonderful in her aid to support me, but no one can sooth my nerves quite like Loki can. I have a mind to ask for him but am interrupted as the doctor speaks again.

"Alright, I can see your cervix. It looks very normal." Then, I feel more pressure being applied.

"I am opening the speculum just a bit, so the pressure will increase. If you begin to feel discomfort, please tell me." I sigh, feeling all the more frustrated. If it looks normal, then what could it be? He has already examined every other part of me and found nothing! What could be wrong with me?!

After what feels like a torturous eternity, I feel him remove the foreign object from my body. He has yet to speak a single word since stating that everything looked to be normal. I feel my already unsteady stomach muscles tightening all the more from the silence that follows.

He goes to stand, motioning for Branye to help me close my legs back together. She does so willingly before lowering my gown back over my thighs. But all the while, I keep my eyes on the doctor as he removes his gloves. He turns them inside out before tossing them over to the side. Branye helps me become situated before I move to lean back up against the headboard once again. I settle into the pillows surrounding my body, but my hands are clammy as they are now fidgeting with one another across my lap. However, I must admit that I am feeling a bit better. I am no longer jittery or as nausested. My head is not light, nor do I feel feverish. Still, as thankful as I am to have relief, I am nervous. To be quite honest, I am terrified. I want him to go get Loki. I need my husband with me now. He is the only one that can truly comfort me.

I take in a trembling breath before opening my mouth to ask for him to do so, but as my eyes return to his face, I feel a jolt of surprise shoot through my chest. I see that he is no longer wearing a look of the deepest worry. He is actually.....smiling....

I feel my brow creasing in confusion upon witnessing this. What has he discovered?

He remains silent as he comes to sit beside me on the bed.

Darkness Vanquished (A Loki Love Story) Book 3 in Darkness Seriesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें