Off to Paradise

(His point of view)

Our wedding reception was nothing short of spectacular. I reeled in the feel of having Christine standing more than gleefully at my side as my new and shining bride, sparkling like diamonds in her breath taking wedding gown. She truly played the part so remarkably. Her lighthearted smile and cheerful laughter never once resided. She positively glowed throughout the entire evening, clinging so lovingly to my arm. Every now and again, I would become so overwhelmed with my own happiness that I would pull her in for a kiss. And each and every time, it only left my longing for her skywriting all the more.

Just before we sat to dine over an overly extravagant feast, I made sure to take her to our unexpected guests. She was beyond ecstatic to find that The Warriors Three and Lady Sif had made it to the wedding. She flung her arms around each of their necks, thanking them sincerely for attending. I was so happy to see her so full of joy. She insisted that they be seated as close to us as possible so that she could converse with them during our meal. But all the while, her hand never left mine. She never once released me, only sending for my evening to become all the more perfect.

As the night stretched on, we shared our dance of Arionya, which was a beyond magical moment in itself. To see her so eagerly reaching for my arms as she symbolized the embodiment of my new life was almost dream-like. I could not take my eyes away from her delectable figure. Her flawless and tantalizing seductiveness as she gracefully waltzed across the floor, beckoning me to her will with each and every step. My head spun as her body would press so intimately against my own. Her secure embrace weaved itself around my shoulders as she allowed for me to twirl her so effortlessly.

I was eventually forced to part from her for only a short time so as to allow the King to have his dance with her. I danced with the Queen, then offered one to Kendha as Christine danced with Thor. Then, we all watched as my beloved bride shared a dance with her dearly cherished little brother. And, despite the weakness I feel in admitting this, I confess that I felt the strain of pulling tears as I watched them waltz together. For they have been through so much in their lives, and I knew that it meant so much to them both.

Following the cutting of our cake and being good sports as we fed a small piece to one another, we were ushered forth to have one final dance. I was beyond grateful to finally have her back in my arms. I held her so very closely, resting my head against her temple with my eyes closed. Her fragrance blinded me beyond all reality, sending me into a heavenly aura of bliss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, as we make our way out, being completely engulfed in cascades of flower petals, our laughter mixes so beautifully with everyone's exhilarating cheers. As soon as we are back to our carriage, I assist my loving new bride as she steps up into it before feeling someone grab my shoulder. I turn to find his familiar and kind blue eyes smiling at me. Thor has come to say goodbye as have my other Asgardian friends. He pleadingly requests for us to come to Asgard shortly after we return from our honeymoon, to which I more than gladly accept. He then moves to the side of the carriage, beckoning for my Queen to lower herself over the side and accept his peck on her cheek. I watch in amusement as he whispers something into her ear, summoning a mischievous giggle to erupt from between her ruby, red lips. I grin, shaking my head. Gods only knows what his dim-witted mind has come up with now.

As soon as they turn to make their leave, yet another hand taps on me on the shoulder. I know this familiar gesture before I turn to seek out the owner's face. Link....

As our eyes meet, I immediately have to burst out laughing. For his are a little swollen and red from the tears he has shed. He really is such a big lush, just as his darling sister has always claimed him to be.

He throws me a harmless glare before reaching out and luring me into one of his infamous hugs. I return his embrace, thanking him for everything. Then, he too moves over to the side of the carriage. Christine leans down and cups his face with one hand, whispering something to him. I see her wipe a tear from his face before she kisses his forehead. He takes her hand away from his cheek before kissing the top of it. Then, he turns to me with a sly grin creeping at the corners of his lips.

"You two have fun," he snickers. I shake my head at him, mock punching him in the arm.

"You think you can manage whilst I am gone?" I ask, winking at him. He chuckles before returning my punch.

"I think I'll manage. Though I do not know of whom I shall have my early morning talks with during your absence. Seeing as Daegan is now apparently so infatuated with Serina, I fear I shall go mad from withdrawals of brotherly affections." I laugh out loud once again, clutching my side. Link and his overly dramatic explanations.

"Well, perhaps once I return, we can catch up then. We'll make a day of it. What say you?" He bellows in laughter before nodding.

"I shall look forward to it, Brother."

I hesitate no longer as I make my way up into the carriage, taking a seat at my bride's side. We are waved off by the hundreds of guests as we stroll into the night towards the boat docks. Our arms immediately intertwine, marveling in each other's loving gaze. We share hundreds of tender kisses, giggling as children as we indulge in our utter and complete moment of harmonious gaiety.

The moon light is daunting as it basks us in its slow-burning glow. But I hardly notice anything else, for my eyes do not leave her own until we come to the boat dock where I see that an enormous ship has been readied for our departure.

I step down before holding out my hand so as to allow her to follow close behind me. We make our way down the creaking and groaning docks. But just as we come to the plank that shall lead us up onto the ship, I swoop her up into my arms, carrying her forward. Her delightful laughter fills the night air as I escort her up to our destination.

As we arrive upon the ship's sturdy wooden floors, I remain clinging to her as I walk us ahead to the port bow. We stare off into the night towards the darkened horizon. I hear her take a calming breath in before she sighs out a blissful tone of ease. I stare down at her glowing, porcelain skin as it reflects the moonbeams so gorgeously. Her eyes are twinkling beneath the haunting nightlight. Her lips somehow seem fuller and more appetizing than ever before. I feel my heart skip a beat as I move my eyes down to her neck, where my Mother's most prized jewel delicately rests over her chest. How is it possible that this remarkable angel is truly my wife? How did I come to merit such a possession?

She turns to face me, rendering me suddenly speechless.

"I love you, Loki."

I can do nothing but smile down at her enrapturing face, almost panting from the dainty and beauteous gleam in her eyes.

"I love you, Christine."

She weaves the fingers of one of her hands through my hair, gently drawing my face closer into hers.

"Always," she whispers.

I press my lips to hers but release them to only graze against her silken feel.

"Always, My Queen."

I feel the ship moving beneath my feet, but I do not let this hinder our most intimate moment. For I am already too far gone in her kiss to recognize anything else further.

The winds whisper against our bodies, sending a swirl of her captivating scent all around me. I close my eyes as our lips melt so deliciously into one another's, thanking the Gods above for this moment as we sail onward into our time of paradise.