Abriella

(Her point of view)

I cling to Thor's arm with one hand whilst holding tightly to my Prince with the other. I allow them to lead my footsteps through the overly vast city that lies at the foot of the palace's main gates.

Upon stepping foot within the city walls, I find that it actually resembles our own Town Market just a bit. The only significant difference is the size. It is much, much larger. Well, that, and the buildings' structures. Not to mention, all of the abundant gold. Nevertheless, it has the same cobble stone streets. Even the atmosphere is similar. It seems so spirited and light. I spot in the not too far off distance a smaller building that looks to be a bakery of some sort. To its left there is a large fountain, where I see several small children splashing in its crystal clear water. 

We have only moved in a few feet before I begin feeling as though I am being closely watched. I pivot my head slowly before noticing that every single person standing within this city's vicinity has stopped dead in their tracks and has begun to stare in our direction. People are flooding out through the buildings' doors, practically running to line the road that we are traveling along. Normally, this would not phase me. But, for some reason, I am suddenly feeling a slight bit unnerved. Some of them are leaning towards one another, whispering quietly. Others just stand motionless, gawking in awkward silence. I tighten my grasp on Loki, wordlessly begging for some moral support.

"Everyone is staring," I whisper. I feel the vibrations of a chuckle course through his arm.

"Can you honestly blame them, Love? It is not everyday that an angel strolls through these streets." He brings my hand back up to his lips before kissing them tenderly. This gesture seems so small to the onlookers but to me, it is a miracle. For as soon as his lips graze over the top of my hand, my stirring insides are instantly settled tremendously.

Feeling much better beneath his loving touch, I finally manage to smile and allow my eyes to scan over the hundreds of faces surrounding me. A time or two, I clearly make out Loki's name and the words "Angel" or "Medinian Princess" being whispered from some of their covered lips. No doubt from the sight of my enormous, white wings trailing behind me.

As we continue on through the city, I finally notice that several of their faces are turning up into curious smiles. Some of them are even nodding to me, bowing as I pass by. I tighten my lips together, silencing a slightly and surprisingly bashful giggle. Still, the incredible excitement from earlier as we crossed the bridge is returning.

As we pass several more buildings, a suddenly unexpected blur of movement catches my eye. I turn to find that a petite toy doll has mysteriously landed just a few feet in front us. I, then, notice a small girl in a pale, yellow dress standing on the side of the pebbled street, staring at it wide eyed with her hand over her mouth. She looks completely terrified.

Without even thinking, I release my grasp on the two mens' arms before scurrying forward. I lean down and retrieve the tiny doll before resting on my knees upon the stone path. Then, I allow my eyes to flicker over to the small child. She has to be no more than six or seven years of age as she looks so young and fragile. She is frozen, staring at me in utter bewilderment and fear. I offer her a kind smile before holding my hand out to her, but she remains unmoving.

"Tis alright, child. I will not harm you. Please, come." I wave my fingers, beckoning for her to step forward. She stares at me through her enormous, sky blue eyes. Obviously hesitant. She lingers for a few moments before eventually breaking her stance and slowly walking in my direction. As she finally approaches me, I hold out the doll to her.

"Is this yours?"

She nods, not breathing a single word.

"She is very pretty," I say. "Does she have a name?" Her tiny cheeks flood with an intense shade of scarlet before she nods again. Still, she does not utter a single word.