Threatening Fires

*This chapter contains some sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

(His point of view)

It is late. The Asgardian sun has long since gone to sleep as I lay here in bed with my angel and our precious daughter. I am stretched out on my left side, facing them as they are nestled together, sleeping soundly. One of my wife's wings is lazily resting over our lower bodies at an angle, thus creating a heavenly blanket of solace.

I have one arm draped over my Beloved's waist, drawing her sublime figure to mine. Livianah is directly in between us, sprawled out on her back. But her face is turned away from me, as it is buried within the warm security of Christine's flowing locks. I cannot help but grin upon observing that her tiny fingers are woven in through several strands of hair as she clings to her endearing mother so tenderly.

I lift my arm up from around my Queen's waist before carefully bringing my fingers down to barely whisper over the back of one of our infant's hands. Her skin is so soft. Like feathers wafting in the wind. Just like her mother's. I graze my fingertips against her over and over, reeling from the incredible feel of her porcelain skin. Then, I feel my heart melt away as she releases her grip on my beloved's hair with that same hand before reaching for my finger. She remains fast asleep as she wraps her tiny fingers around one of my own, drawing it in and clutching it tightly to her chest.

Now she is resting peacefully with one hand latched to both my Queen and myself. As I stare down at her perfect face in all of its flawless beauty, I mentally burn this most remarkable sight into my memory. Me, lying here with the two most beautiful beings that I have ever laid eyes upon. And they both belong to me.

I let out a more than satisfied sigh before quietly lifting my head up from off of my pillows. I lean forward and press a feather-light kiss to Livianah's temple before planting a slower and more lingering kiss of my sleeping angel's silken lips. As I do, I feel them barely twitch beneath my mouth. A faint and happy hum emits from within her. And as I pull away, I find that her eyes are now open; staring so mysteriously at me.

"Are you still awake?" she asks whilst stretching her wings out from behind her. Their spectacular width gleams in a golden outline as the firelight offers its heated illumination. I bring a hand up to her face before offering her a reassuring grin.

"I was just taking a moment to admire this most glorious sight before me." She blushes through tired eyes as her wings return to their resting places surrounding us.

"What sight is that, may I ask?" She whispers before carefully unweaving our daughter's fingers out from within her hair.

"The sight of the two most beautiful beings that I have ever seen resting here by my side," I answer with utmost sincerity. I can see her fantastic rose blush even in the darkened shades of night. She giggles almost innocently before leaning up over Livianah's still slumbering form. I watch in total hypnotization as she draws her ruby lips in closer to my mouth.

"Kiss me," she whispers. I more than willingly lean in, grinning so very slyly just before our mouths collide. She moans in a sensual manner, immediately sending for my heart to begin racing. I reach up and lightly caress her jawline with my fingertips. My tongue dips in between her eagerly parted lips, thus sending for me to groan in heady longing. Good gods, I want her so badly.

I allow my hand to travel down the nape of her neck before wrapping my fingers around her shoulder. I pull her in a bit, being careful not to send for her to press too tightly up against our sleeping daughter. I feel a shiver run through her body as I press my fingertips into her skin. I love knowing that my touch affects her so tremendously.